Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heat waves are on their way. My question is, do those 3/4 helmets with those slide vents even work? Does it cool your head? I am in love with the fit of my Fulmer V2 3/4 but i get So hot. Heat makes me want to stab somebody in the neck. Dot, 1/2 lids keep my ears and neck cool but always blow back at speed and piss me off. And i refuse to be one of those 1/4 lid HD novelty helmet biker guys where the only protection inside is a layer of Tarzan's loin cloth..! So do vented 3/4 lids work?

Mods remove this in 3 days because this could go on forever.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I use vented and non vented 3/4 helmets all yr work well ,lighter colors seem not to get so hot.they do get alittle warm but ,you get ear protection from highway winds and it dont pull back on you neck and head at highway speeds causing fatuge on you neck,sometimes I wet a bandanna and put it on top of my head and helmet over it and ya stay nice and cool...hope this helps ya.

·
Registered
157 Posts
how about the helmet noise from a 3/4? i got one from lick's an, it might be due to breaking it in, but i am catching a lot of noise in it. just a matter of time as the foam settles down? for whatever reason i doest seem to be super hot (but i am in new england)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have two 3/4 helmets with vents and one without. I can't tell the difference between the vented ones and the non vented. Here's a pic of my HJC with vents.

The Nolan vents are bigger but I still don't feel any air flow inside the helmet at speed.

Scott

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've ridden cross country twice (really hot and really cold depending on the state/time). First time with a vented, second time with a Fulmer v2. I felt no difference at all. I don't think the vents do shit. I found the Fulmer more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
...hello Srook, I have a 1/2 HJC with those vents and I tell ya that if you use the helmet for long periods you reeeaally need those.
That s one thing because I do not use all the 70s 3/4 s or brands like Biltwell, etc

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Ditto - on a full face I just open the shield. On a 1/2 helmet I've never noticed a difference.

I've ridden cross country twice (really hot and really cold depending on the state/time). First time with a vented, second time with a Fulmer v2. I felt no difference at all. I don't think the vents do shit. I found the Fulmer more comfortable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.