Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spoke with our man Trent last night. Seems he's having a wonderful time. The local Barneys pulled him over for Suspicion of Apehangers, and asked him to blow in the Drunk Machine. He failed on both counts, but the Silver Tongued Devil talked his way out of it, Very Lucky around here this time of year. We'll hook up at CrazyD's tomorrow night for sure. Raining like a bitch here now, soaking all the Leather Vesters. Supposed to be nice tomorrow for the Party. Stay Tuned more to come, after the party.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Panman51 said:
spoke with our man Trent last night. Seems he's having a wonderful time. The local Barneys pulled him over for Suspicion of Apehangers, and asked him to blow in the Drunk Machine. He failed on both counts, but the Silver Tongued Devil talked his way out of it, Very Lucky around here this time of year. We'll hook up at CrazyD's tomorrow night for sure. Raining like a bitch here now, soaking all the Leather Vesters. Supposed to be nice tomorrow for the Party. Stay Tuned more to come, after the party.
Thats damn lucky! apes are just a ticket though right?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
A bunch of us are leaving for the Fuck Sturgis rally in Wisconsin later this week. Unfortunetely Bonneville is a no-go for me this year...

·
Registered
896 Posts
Badass, dui's are no fun, glad he got out of it. Thank the chopper gods or whoever he got out of that one, because that's really rare.

We got hit with a couple of good rain storms last year too. I guess the rain soaked leather slowed all of the HOG bro's down, because they were ducking behind their windshields doing 25 on the highway slowing traffic down. Nothing like being cold and wet and stuck behind some fair weather rider shakin in their rain drenched offically licensed HD boots.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
It didnt just rain, it RAINED in Biblical proportions! We had a couple inches at my place. Up north they ahd 3-4 inches. Looks like lots of roads got washed over last night as well. Lots of rocks and dirt on our twisties. That should knock off a couple or more bikes today. RUBs dont realize you cant corner on marbles.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The Native Americans probably did a rain dance to fuck with the Broken Spoke Saloon for building that huge biker bar right next to their ancient ceremonial lands where they have prayed and held their rituals for generations. Maybe they'll scalp some fat HOG bastards and sell their scalps as keychains.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
If you drive by it on any other week than bike week, it's deserted as hell. Sturgis is a dead town except for that week. And it's way too crowded during bike week but recommended for anyone who's never been there. At least you'll know to avoid it during bike week. Even some of the more way out good places to vist such as Nemo SD are filled with yuppies. Too bad, it used to be a nice place to camp.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
On another note, got stopped again just out of Hill City about a half hour ago.. I guess I need to stand out less and blend in more. I am thinking either a Twin Cam or a 300 tire? hmm.... Nah. Maybe its my lack of doo rag.

This time, I did not roll out a .24.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Trent said:
On another note, got stopped again just out of Hill City about a half hour ago.. I guess I need to stand out less and blend in more. I am thinking either a Twin Cam or a 300 tire? hmm.... Nah. Maybe its my lack of doo rag.

Dude, stay out of the slammer will ya? You still owe me a kicker arm and pedal!!

·
Registered
896 Posts
I want to see pics of titty women. I didn't see any when I was there, well except for the chicks skinny dippin by Mt Rushmore. That was pretty cool. Man going to sturgis with your parents as an adult is every bit as uncool as it sounds.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Boa said:
The Native Americans probably did a rain dance to fuck with the Broken Spoke Saloon for building that huge biker bar right next to their ancient ceremonial lands where they have prayed and held their rituals for generations. Maybe they'll scalp some fat HOG bastards and sell their scalps as keychains.
too bad, so sad, somebody should tell the Indians it was a war and they lost.

I have a bunch of pics of Daves shindig, I will try and post em up later.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trent said:

Trent, Glad you went out on the Interstate, That cop, that Glug was running interference for, had moved down the service road, just past Piedmont. Lucky for me I got stuck behind some HOG BROS with speedos, and was held to the speed limit. That little Sparta taillight is an invitation for a Stop. Anyway, made it home safe, hope you do the same.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Tman said:
too bad, so sad, somebody should tell the Indians it was a war and they lost.
quote]

Actually, the US signed a treaty giving them the black hills and then they took it back after gold was discovered. I don't blame the indians for being pissed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Tman said:
too bad, so sad, somebody should tell the Indians it was a war and they lost.=
Tman, current estimates of the population of N America before Columbus are in the 20 million range, with only 5% of the population surviving 200 years after Columbus (that's 19 million dead). That's about 2x the estimated death toll of the nazi holocaust - Have some respect man.

Read Guns, Germs, and Steel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
BlueBird said:
Tman, current estimates of the population of N America before Columbus are in the 20 million range, with only 5% of the population surviving after 200 years (that's 19 million dead). That's about 2x the estimated death toll of the nazi holocaust - Have some respect man.

Read Guns, Germs, and Steel.
Indians Have no respect for themselves. So Fuck it.\
Bones777

·
Registered
897 Posts
The Indians trusted the US goverment.You see where that will get you.Just what the Sturgis area needs is another bar.Worlds largest at that.I quit going to Sturgis when the trailers started out numbering the bikes.Now,it's just a bunch of friggin yuppies pretending to be someone that all their money won't even make them,a"Biker".Some of the best times I've had out there in the past was taking in the Indian culture.From the way the police treat people to the locals gouging you for camping,food and drink,there's nothing wrong with Sturgis that a good boycot wouldn't fix.

·
Registered
140 Posts
From everything I hear about sturgis, I actually don't want to go. All I hear is complaining about too many people, too much billet, prices too high, too many mid-life crisis'ers trying to be 'bad,' etc.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BlueBird said:
From everything I hear about sturgis, I actually don't want to go. All I hear is complaining about too many people, too much billet, prices too high, too many mid-life crisis'ers trying to be 'bad,' etc.
I was the wastewater forman in Sturgis for two years, and all the locals did was bitch about the Rally. But, they didn't bitch about the money they RAKED in. My point is, I'm with Frosty, what they need is one year in which NO ONE shows up, or start taxing the shit out of Motorhomes. Now for a little insight from me, the City of Sturgis charges a healthy Vendors fee for two reasons, 1 to cover the cost of garbage removal, they have no landfill so, everything is hauled 17 miles to Belle Fourche, 2 It's the largest income for the city( most stores on Main St. are empty the rest of the year. Also, 99% of the vendors are from outta town, and they set thier prices. You can blame the R.U.B.s for evrything else, they pay the Crazy prices for rooms and camping. It was a great time when the event was held in the city park, but some drunken assholes fucked that up by setting fire to the porta potties. If you're an old fart like me, then you'll remember that it wasn't the Sturgis Rally, it was the Gypsy Tour. Nuff said. I vented. Oh, by-the-by The Hells Angels shot up 8 Outlaws last night down by Legion Lake, OOPs 2 of them where on Lazelle St.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Sturgis is a beautiful place. Out of the 4 days I was there I spent the majority of my time cruising around the black hills and enjoying the sites. Camping at the KOA by Mt Rushmore was cool. I would go back, just not during bike month.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
That's why the Fuck Sturgis Rally is getting bigger and bigger each year in Wisconsin. We're leaving Tomorrow PM. Riding the Minnesota Iron Range Friday, Camping at South Ridge Wisconsin, and riding the North shore of lake Superior the next day. Free camping. All you need to pay for is beer and bratwurst.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts