Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we call the HAMBnHOG Rendevous. I put on with HOTRODS AND BIKES. I started it last year with a group of HAMBers and had a nice small turnout of bikes and cars.

Now with the new board I need to to rework the name? hahahah

Anyway, we hold it a couple blocks off mainstreet at a buddy place (new place this year, lots of shade,closer to downtown)

What it is, a good ol reliability run through the Black hills. I try and setup a garage crawl or two, we have a burger n beer stop. Then back to Bruses for a BBQ and music. Last year I fed 150 at the BBQ, locals and tourists combined.

We are in for a low key good time. I like to see tradtional hotrods and bikes but if you show on a 230 hardtail, you will be welcomed to ride (might put you in the back though hehehehe)

Be prepared for 100-150 miles, some small amounts of gravel are possible depending on route. Last year we had the 3 miles art the bottom of Vanocker Canyon (getting paved) and a 2 mile stretch by Rochford.

Any questions or input, feel free to respond or PM me here on the Journal.

If you will be here for the Rally, that is the un-officail first weekend.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tman said:
BTTT, a little over 1 month away. Here is a link to pics from last year.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25335&highlight=Sturgis
If any of you keyboard Jockeys are going to the rally, this is our chance to take it back from the RUBS. We have a great time, it is low key, and you get to see some local stuff most folks dont even know about.

BTW, The Reverend Horton Heat is also playing at Independant Choppers the Wed following my deal. It is here in Rapid City and is also a hotrod/chopper thingy.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. Trent
 

·
Atomic Custom
Joined
·
3,829 Posts
Tman said:
If any of you keyboard Jockeys are going to the rally, this is our chance to take it back from the RUBS. We have a great time, it is low key, and you get to see some local stuff most folks dont even know about.

BTW, The Reverend Horton Heat is also playing at Independant Choppers the Wed following my deal. It is here in Rapid City and is also a hotrod/chopper thingy.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. Trent
Sending you a PM... possible for a date change?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rockymtnpits said:
Sending you a PM... possible for a date change?
Nope Trent, that is the day, look me up even if you make it here another day though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
I'll be in Sturgis on the 6th but probably won't get there in time as we're riding in that morning....and I'll be on my bagger, packed for my month long trip around the west coast.

If the schedule works out I'd definitely be up for the ride.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GumbyChuck said:
I'll be in Sturgis on the 6th but probably won't get there in time as we're riding in that morning....and I'll be on my bagger, packed for my month long trip around the west coast.

If the schedule works out I'd definitely be up for the ride.
I will post directions to the Sat. BBQ that evening, at least stop by that, we will be going LATE. Where are you staying?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
Tman said:
Thought I'd replied....
Our company rents a house, Dad and I are staying there Sat. / Sun. because the main crew doesn't show up until Wednesday.
Not sure exactly where it is, though. One of the guys riding with us knows.
Put up some directions and I'll try to make the BBQ.
I'll make sure not to park the bagger by the cool bikes. :)
I'm hitting the road this weekend on a roundabout beginning of the trip but I'll have the laptop and occasional internet access.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, meeting place for the run and the place for the BBQ is 1338 Fulton Street 2 blocks east of the BP Gas station that is on Junction St(main North/South through town). Meeting between 9am and 10 am at that address for the run, train leaves at 10AM and will roll back in around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Food will be up and running by 5.

Any question try mapquest or PM me.

GumbyChuck said:
Thought I'd replied....
Our company rents a house, Dad and I are staying there Sat. / Sun. because the main crew doesn't show up until Wednesday.
Not sure exactly where it is, though. One of the guys riding with us knows.
Put up some directions and I'll try to make the BBQ.
I'll make sure not to park the bagger by the cool bikes. :)
I'm hitting the road this weekend on a roundabout beginning of the trip but I'll have the laptop and occasional internet access.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GumbyChuck said:
Right on, will do.
We should be there by food time for sure.
I'll be the longhaired tattooed guy in a black shirt on a black harley....:D
Just look for the skinhead looking guy cooking that answers to Tman, I am sure you will see the cars out front first since the bikes all look the same!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
5 days! Feel free to call me at the shop 605-343-9452 with any questions. Trent
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top