Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn finaly!!! For three days I've been in the garage kicking and kicking. Double checked everything, Mike AKA surfi- biker came over and he kicked on it too.
Well today I decide to take a close look at the basics to make suere I didn't miss anything. Checked and rechecked the timing, tested coil, plugs, and plug wires, regaped the points ect. Then I checked the carb, there was a small leak at the supply fitting and it seemed that the float was stuck. So I pulled the carb to fix those small probs. Didn't think they would keep it from firing but I figure what the hell right?
Well when I get the carb off I look in the intake and I see the blue rag I had stuffed in there to keep the bugs out!!! NO wonder the fucker wouldn't fire.
Well I pulled the rag (which I'm going to frame) bolted everything up and tweaked it a bit. After a bit of kicking it fired!!! MAN WHAT A RUSH!!! Tested it up and down the street a few times and noticed a intake leak so I parked it. I'll replace the seals tomorow, make a few adjustments to cltuch and idle and ride dady ride!!
Special thanks to Mike, I know he reads this board so maybe someday he'll pop in and introduce himself.

For now I'm going to open a Negra Modelo and enjoy the glow. I'll take a pic or two soon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
ha man it must of been in that air this weekend,so i got most of my tx750 bolted up sunday and decided to take a short spin fired it up and let it idle reved it a few times and shut it off to check the oil(just filled the new oil bag)grabed the cap and POW cap/dipstick came flying off,after a short invesigation i figured i forgot to vent the oil bag and it built up some crazy presure in about 5 minutes or so

·
Registered
585 Posts
Welcome to the Club. I'm old and everyone that I know has done that at least ONCE!.. I'd tell you what to look out for next, But then it wouldn't be any fun!!!!! Good Luck, Have Fun, And keep us up-dated..

Attachments

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Are you serious!?? That is funny shit right there!

After you called, I thought about it for a long time, and was just as stumped as I was when we talked.

Remember what I said? "Go back to the beginning, and start over.. Its probably something stupid" haha

Congrats on getting it up and running!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.