Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some cheapo risers on ebay (a little longer than I was hoping, but oh well). They are 7/8" aluminum dogbones. Putting them on my stock 66 triumph front-end.

My dumb question #1: Does the end with the 2 allen bolts go on the top (handlebars), or bottom, (top tree)? The other side of the bones is a one-bolt cinch type (which will look better near the bars). It probably doesn't matter, but doesn't hurt to ask.

#2: Does anyone know where to get the little hemispherical "gripping-cinch-spacers" (don't know what they're really called)? They go in between the bars and the top-tree bar-cradle, are ribbed, and prevent the bars from slipping up and down when tightened.

Thanks,
Erron

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aj650 said:

i think you're talking about handlebar shims, so you can use 7/8" bars in a 1" hole. you can get them from bicycle shops or most any motorcycle shop or even amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006JHS9Q/002-3053622-5465600

as for #1 - just do what looks better, IMO
Thanks for the #2 answer.
As far as #1 Q, I figured it out. Due to the curves in handlebars, you can't really slide the end with the cinch bolt on. It won't spread far enough to clear the bends in the tubing. And I don't want to try to spread them due to it being aluminum. I guess function over form wins like always.

Stupid questions answered,
Thanks,
Erron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts