Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this lot of BSA this weekend. Sorry for the stupid questions in advance but i'm a bit green with beezers! From what i can gather the 2 "rollers" are mid 60s lightnings and the frame is some kind of A50? It looks like the reddish one has been raked a little, i'll degree it when i get it stripped. Are the necks the same on all these? I ask because i want to grab the bsa fork and rear off the raked bike and throw it onto one of the others. Is there just one size neck up until the oif's?

I've been looking at BSA threads for about a day solid on here but just couldn't find anything definiative about these. Thanks a ton in advance and any info what so ever would be a huge help.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
the frames with the open rear seat loops in your photos are A65 Frames

cant tell in the photos about the red primered frame though, could be some kinda fucked up frame, should have 2 downtubes

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The red frame does have two front down tubes...I think the angle threw you off :cool:

Sweet score by the way and the red frame is the coolest IMO !

cant tell in the photos about the red primered frame though, could be some kinda fucked up frame, should have 2 downtubes

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the frames with the open rear seat loops in your photos are A65 Frames

It does have 2 downtubes, its just the angle. Thanks man!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The red frame does have two front down tubes...I think the angle threw you off :cool:

Sweet score by the way and the red frame is the coolest IMO !
Its pretty funky. I got a bit more into things tonight. Seems to have been raked a few degrees. I hate it and like it at the same time, haha! I'm separating everything now and making my pile. I'm selling the rest to hopefully fund some of the project.

The other black frame is spoken for but if someone's into the red one, pm me and maybe we can work something out(without the fork and wheel). I stripped the bmx fork and rear wheel off the black one and will hopefully get to the red one tomorrow. Still need to get the fork off but it'll be done soon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a ton guys! 1 a50 and 2 a65's. I ended up taking the a50 frame, 2 bsa wheels and the fork. I'm selling of the rest in order to buy a new tank and hardtail. I have a small unity spot and a Ford spare ring(fender) so am hopin to get this thing going soon. I'll throw up a proper classified post in the coming days for the raked frame, oil tanks and some other things i need to get rid of.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HAHAHAHA, I was just about to reply "thanks but no thanks, I'm going through lowbrow for all my needs" then i realized that you are lowbrow. You will absolutely get all my business for this build. I used you guys last year for another build and I couldn't ask for better service!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So i picked up a hardtail and am getting close to getting it on. Should i slug the bottom joints? Due to the angles, i'm guessing the tops can't be slugged. I'll probably just fish plate or just add a gusset. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So i picked up a hardtail and am getting close to getting it on. Should i slug the bottom joints? Due to the angles, i'm guessing the tops can't be slugged. I'll probably just fish plate or just add a gusset. Thanks in advance.
I just put a david bird hardtail on my a65. We put gussets on the bottom joints. There are some pics of the frame here http://workingmanscustoms.blogspot.com/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.