Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
one_bitter_dude said:
Working on a set of disc brakes and the calipers are stuck. Any ideas on how to get them unstuck, so I can rebuild them?
Hey,Might be able to help.Need more info.Are they stuck on the brackets or are the caliper pucks stuck?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
one_bitter_dude said:
The pucks are stuck. I tried air. I tried grease. But no luck
Connect the caliper to a master cylinder and bleed. Take out the brake pads and squeeze the lever until the piston pops out. You only have a problem with a multiple-piston caliper. The fluid will follow the path of least resistance, and the least-stuck piston will pop out. You can reinsert the piston that popped out and hold it in place with something (piece of wood, etc.) to allow the others to pop out.

Makes a nasty mess.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sporticus said:
Connect the caliper to a master cylinder and bleed. Take out the brake pads and squeeze the lever until the piston pops out. You only have a problem with a multiple-piston caliper. The fluid will follow the path of least resistance, and the least-stuck piston will pop out. You can reinsert the piston that popped out and hold it in place with something (piece of wood, etc.) to allow the others to pop out.

Makes a nasty mess.
Thanks this work just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts