Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just kickin' off a thread that I have been researching quite a bit on this forum. I am contemplating a Triumph bobber with a 4 inch stretch and 3.5 inch drop. (No seat drop) I am having a a lot difficulty obtaining info from people who have used this scenario. I would really love to see some pictures or perhaps a write up on ride and whether or not "gravel rashed" pegs become a huge issue with this amount of drop. I think i will end up with around 3 to 4 inches ground clearance.

suggestions/ideas??

61 dupe frame
19 inch front
16 inch rear
2 inch lowered front 73 forks
71 650 motor
4 inch stretch 3.5 inch drop hardtail

thanks
Andy.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It would be really handy if you could post a pic of your triumoh and add a caption with Stretch and drop. Sureley I am not the only one with this question.
thanks
Andy.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
my BSA has similar dimensions for the hardtail, it rides low. yes the pegs/pipes get scraped from time to time when im ripping around corners. I had to relocate the kickstand so it wouldnt hit around the corners.

I think my front end is stock height, but the BSA seem to have a bit more rake maybe.

I also have a bit of problems using ramps to load the bike onto trucks, or into garages with a bit of a step.

last year, with low bars etc:

This is a recent shot:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Andy, thanks for starting this thread. I've got a 66 Triumph I'm building and am about ready to order my hardtail. I'm leaning towards a 4" with 2.5 drop. Not sure on wheel size yet, but I want something narrow. I really like the Falcon bullet, all the proportions seem perfect to me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
For some reason I think the Byrd looped hardtails look more in proportion with a 4" stretch than the standard straight tube to the axle plate. It's probably just an optical illusion...but that's the way I see it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My new hardtail arrived today, its a "Factory Metal Works". A real nice job, those Tig welds are worth leaving exposed. I decided on a 4 stretch 3 drop. Trying to keep the backbone straight. ooohhhh nice.
Andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.