Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JJers - thanks for the replies on tuning the 103ci motors.

Im concerned about the electronics and dashboard in the Streetglide. The extended warranty is expensive and lasts 7 yrs. ( I sell my bikes after 15-17yrs - so need dependability.)

I leaning toward a Roadking becuase its "simplier" - no dashboard, no radio, no enclosed dash . ( I know, I know ... no comments about being "safe" and not going for it - maintenance costs are a concern and I look at the electronics and my mind goes numb.)

I rather buy the bike which "calls out to me " - the streetglide, instead of being "safe" with the roadking ...

QUESTION about streetglide:

1. Streetglide - should I be concerned about electronics in fairing ?
  2. What do people think of extended warranty ?
  3. What two-up seats do you have ?
  4. What extra storage do you have ? My trips are 10-12 days on road at a time - luggage recommendations ? tour pack ? Prefer something which is detachable, but can live with sissy bar and small permannent luggage rack. Then take that off for higher capacity travel bags.
Once again - thanks for your thoughts - ride safe phd

·
Registered
457 Posts
Maybe you should try HD forum to get late model info...that said, it is well known that the stock radio and speakers are crappy and prone to problems. The streetglide has some issues, depends on what year it is. Nothing major...I think the seven year warranty is a waste of money. If they try and sell a service contract, that is even a bigger waste of money. As far as luggage goes, I feel that motorcycles are made for fast road work with little concession for anything else. If you need luggage, take a van.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.