Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last weekend i was at "Linkert Attack" party, near Sancerre France, one of the best in Europe and only for iron machine. I looked this Panhead from GB but can't find the owner and talk about this tech tip :cool: and you ? Explain about the heads ? Other photos or post about this modification ... ???

·
Banned
700 Posts
BretonHD!

Folks thought they needed two carburetors long before Panheads, as you can see in my attachment.

Most of the benefits were achieved by Linkert when the throttledisc was changed from vertical to horizontal for the DC Models, without the drastic fabrication and tedious synchronization of two carburetors.

....Cotten

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BretonHD!

Folks thought they needed two carburetors long before Panheads, as you can see in my attachment.

Most of the benefits were achieved by Linkert when the throttledisc was changed from vertical to horizontal for the DC Models, without the drastic fabrication and tedious synchronization of two carburetors.

....Cotten
Cotten ! Thank you ! But thus it is only maintaining historic charm now :cool:

·
Banned
700 Posts
Cotten ! Thank you ! But thus it is only maintaining historic charm now :cool:
Yes, BretonHD!

But is there any other kind of charm?

The Pan runs, and that in itself is a delight.

I fear the practice thrived by virtue of eliminating manifold leaks alone.

...Cotten

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Bretonhd! I just saw this thread. I am from sweden and i am the owner of this bike.
The heads are made by George Smith in the 60s. The intake valves are 2" and the exhaust are standard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That Bike was in The Horse 2? years ago.....

Really cool bike. It has a "Speedy Shift" on it as well if I remember right.
And if you look real closely at the oiltank there is a number 5 pinstriped on there.

5 inch Stroke on that pan.
It had some kinda racing carbs that only opened halfway or something to get over running too rich.

When I first saw that bike I lost sleep over how cool it was.
It inspired me to run dual carbs on my bike......mainly just to look cool.
Very cool bike.
Love it............obviously.

·
Registered
974 Posts
back in about 98 in ER mag , bandit had the same 48 and he had a set of dual carb panheads he scored from a swap meet

Id say same heads ,diff story.....

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Absolutely beautiful workmanship on those heads and a bike that does them proud!
Very,very nice RacingPan!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Wow, someone spent some serious time welding those up! Nice job. Really cuts down the possibility of intake leaks too! I'm curious about the pair of extra holes on the manifolds, what are they for?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Guide pins to hold alignment for welding?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi old.wrench .

I use studs with smaller diameter than the original linkert mounting bolts.
So the pins is for alignment the gasket /insulatig blocks.

racingpan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts