Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
jeff decker is prob the greatest m/c artist of our generation!hope they recover it...i guess the only bright spot would be,if your artwork gets stolen,you must be a pretty phenominal artist!..does that make any sense?ive met jeff on a couple occasions,he is an absolute encyclopedia of motorcycle history n knowledge!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I hope it doesnt get scrapped out, Where I live tweakers where lifting statues and cutting them up for the weight of scrap metal

·
Registered
820 Posts
Look out i heard scrap iron is going up next month along with tubing and sheetmetal .

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Tweekers will steel anything not bolted down, and then its still not safe!!! I hate tweekers with a pasion!!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's alotta tweak to lift four-tons...

Seriously though, as an artist I'd be both complimented and insulted at the same time-

1. Who invests the time and tools to lift a 4-ton statue?
2. Why the hell don't you invest that much effort/time in making $$$ so you can just buy it???

Hope everything works out as it should, methinks there may be more to it than just "the cover story", ...?

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
When yer dealing with tweekers, their brains are damidged, and there is no repair, they dont think normal any more, so what goes through their minds is not what you or I would think......Roach.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Timpanogous Harley has been having its fair share of financial problems over the last 12 months and this is just another kick in the nuts.

·
Registered
504 Posts
this has to be a publicity stunt or inside job. I just don't see someone getting 25,000 dollars worth of equipment to steal a 4 ton piece of bronze.

there also has to be some video from somewhere around there that would show the equipment needed.

·
Registered
504 Posts
from comments on SLC news site
interesting read.

there is no link on that forum to show the report of the artist taking it back. Will there be charges filed for a false police report by the dealership? But they can't collect insurance if they didn't own the sculpture, so why did the dealership report the statue missing?

maybe it was for publicity to sell just one or two more bikes?

I have a question, how do harley dealerships go into bankruptcy when one new harley cost so much money? I don't mean to be a smartass, I just don't get how they are not profitable unless there are too many dealerships (saturation)?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Statue aside, that Harley dealership is really cool.

The wood and most of the other materials in the building were reclaimed from old factories in the area so it looks really rustic. Last time I went in there they had a couple Knuckleheads and other bikes on display upstairs.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.