Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I measured DG Allins aftermarket panhead frame and the width from the inside of the axle plates was around 10.5". It was hard to get an accurate measure with the tire in the frame. His frame has the dog leg on the chain drive side of the frame.

I don't want to put a dog leg in my hardtail. I think with chain drive this shouldn't be a problem. But I would feel much better if someone with the panhead blueprints or a panhead frame could give me the measurement from the insides of the axle plates so I have a benchmark for minimum distance.

But on the old school chopper frame website it shows this:

which is pretty narrow. So I'm thinking I'm okay.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
ok, I checked my 3 best, completely stock rigids; a '45 Knuckle, '54 wishbone, & '57 straightleg

all are 8 3/4" inside width at axle plates.

others, a '49 and a later wishbone which have both had disc brake wheels run at some time, were both 9". may have been tweaked a bit for fit.

& all of these have the slight dogleg in the bottom chain-side tube.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Dragon is right, stock dimensions for the Pan frame between the axle plates was supposed to be 8 3/4". And yes, the stock frame has a dogleg in the lower left rail. Even the Knuck frame has a dogleg.

If you have 10 1/2" between the plates, he most likely has a frame built with a rear section for a 180 tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.