Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard about this earlier today, but no one's brought it up yet.
i'm not a football fan, but some guys i work with are, and some are big steelers fans.
it seems today a guy named ben rothburger(steelers player) wrecked on his bike pretty badly. he's pretty messed up and wasnt wearin' a helmet.
i often goof on jocks, but not this time.
does anyone else(maybe in PA) have more details?

·
Registered
583 Posts
So far from what Iv'e seen on tv he has a broken jaw, and lesser injuries to his sholder and knees. Already I see a familiar pattern developing in the news coverage. Every report is keying on the fact that he Was Not wareing a helmet. No one has mentioned that the car made a left hand turn in front of him. PA has a helmet optional law but the helmet lobby will jump all over this one ignoring one of the major causes of m/c wrecks. People that don't know how to drive.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Should have known:Friggen left turner.Now the press will make it out to be his fault for not wearing a lid.My prayers are with him and his family.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i saw more on last nites local news. they did talk about his career and the accident a little, but turned to helmet safety real quick. they even intervuied tom from R&R cycles.
stories like that scare the dog shit outta me.
i hope he's doin' better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts