Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got std heads on my pan are they physically taller or larger then stock panhead heads? or to put it another way do the fins come out farther and is the rocker box then higher than stock? Thanks

· Registered
1,093 Posts
There are several different STD castings made. Some have much larger fin surfaces and others are designed to look more like OEM heads. Regardless of which type of casting you have, the rocker box height should be the same as OEM.

-Craig

· Registered
3,438 Posts
STD first came out with a replacement Shovel casting. They then modified the shovel casting to accept Pancovers and internals keeping the shovel intake and exhaust flanges.
These castings do not look at all like true panheads.

· Registered
1,005 Posts
I have STD heads on one of my bikes. You should not be having any trouble with fitting the motor in the frame. Like VonWegener said they are totally different looking but 75% of the riders today have no idea what they are looking at and I noticed that at 80 mph even a greater group cannot tell. Good luck enjoy the ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.