Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its been done before but here's my version. Most I've seen look like ass especially on old bikes with "billety" components. Yeh and this coming from a machinist? I found a bitchin Brembo "star" rotor and matching caliper off a Ducati and I'm making a carrier to mount to hub. Still have to make the caliper bracket.Watcha think ?
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Never messed with one of those. That's pretty kick ass...manual programming is nuts; single LED line feed? I used to do Elox, Charmilles-Andrews, etc..fuck that shit!

That's kick ass, man. Extra credit for NOT using a Mastercam .nc through a network. Tedious!

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
That's kick ass, man. Extra credit for NOT using a Mastercam .nc through a network. Tedious!
Tedious is right, there is a reason Mastercam is so popular. I used to hand write programs and enter them line by line, not anymore. Mastercam is the way to go.

Kudos on making your own shit, nice work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I drew it up in AutoCad and on a piece of paper I wrote the g-code then walked over to the mill and punched it in. About an hour from start to finish. I had to clearance the back a bit for the square brake pads with a 1/4 " e/m and for the rotor bolts I wrote a quick arc program and used a 7/8" ball endmill. Here it is mated up to the ACME springer. I made the axle from O-1 annealed and 303 stainless spacers. Now for some polish!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts