Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new electronic ignition. The local guy in town keeps trying to talk me into one of the Sparx versions.

Has anyone used them? They seem a little cheaper but isnt this one of the areas that I would want to save a few bucks.

If someone could give me a thumbs up I might consider it.

Thanks,

Jack

·
Registered
617 Posts
one_bitter_dude said:
I am looking for a new electronic ignition. The local guy in town keeps trying to talk me into one of the Sparx versions.

Has anyone used them? They seem a little cheaper but isnt this one of the areas that I would want to save a few bucks.

If someone could give me a thumbs up I might consider it.

Thanks,

Jack
not sure what application you are looking for - but we've used sparx, tympanium, and podtronic voltage regulators (with boyer ignitions) on our trumps, and the sparx unit worked just as well as the other 2, and was cheaper....

·
Registered
630 Posts
That's a new one on me...I've used their charging systems with really good results but didn't know they had ignitions.

However, I just a bought a boyer for the 750 I'm building, and it was $129. Didn't bother me to pay that, again, because I've had great results and they've been doing it forever.

How much are the Sparx ignitions?

Edit: OK, check the link, numbskull...
60 pounds = $105 at today's rate, with coils...hmmm.. not enough of a difference for me to jump.

If you try it out, let me know what kinda results you get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.