Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a really cool old unity spotlight today and was wondering what my options were for changing it to hi/low set up. Is there a bulb replacement? Conversion trick? Its a 5 inch Unity btw. Any ideas would be great!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Go to your local NAPA auto parts, 2 filliment bulbs are plentiful, about $12-14bucks a piece... Have only one NOS unity light & mounting hardware left for sale !!!
If you don't have a Napa, try the auto parts dealer that carrys all the "ODD" stuff in your area. They will steer you in the right direction
Slim

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I haven't bought it yet. The chrome is a little rough but I can probably get it for 20 or so. Wanted to check on the bulb fitment first. Guess I know where I'm going in the morning!Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
755 Posts
It's hard to say without being able to see it, but you can take assurance in the fact that lots of people run them as headlight. As Slim said you can most likely swap the bulb, or if not can probably swap the socket in the bucket.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the light. After talking to the guy at the junk shop and I told him what it was for, I got it for free!Turns out he was an old scooter tramp that can't ride anymore and was happy it was going to good use. Now I'm on the lookout for a bulb!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts