Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for an 6v system that was switched to 12v? I'm running a 12v system with Bosch reg and points but it seems I can't find a diagram that makes sense.

The ones on the site listed below don't make sense. maybe it's because I don
't have a horn or dimmer siwtich but the hot lines run out of the ACC on the switch and then go to the ligts and then coime back to the IGN on the switch. Don't they ahve to go to a ground after the light?

It took me at least 20 kicks tonite and if I got the RPM's up it would blow a fuse....

http://www.jammerclub.com/nohassle.htm

·
Registered
584 Posts
The Ing side of the switch feeds the coil + side and the brake lite switch. The Acc side feeds the headlight and tail light. No wires return, they only go to the thing you want to power. If you have a headlight with a three prong plug one of the side prongs is the ground. Take your light and two jumper wires and a battery. connect one wire from ground - to a side prong, connect the other wire to the positive + side of the battery and touch it to the two remaining prongs. Watch how bright the bulb lights up. Then put the ground on the other side prong and touch the remaining two again. One way will light up the bulb really good (hi & low) Now you found your ground for the light, hook it to a good ground and the other two prongs are your hi & low sides. Two prongs = one ground and one light. use the same method. One wire (most Cubies and most rectangular lites) = the wire hot and the case the ground. Use the Magneto, 12v two brush, bosch reg, and battery diagram. It shows a mag so ignore that part. Run a wire from the Ing side of the switch to the + side of your coil and a wire from the - side of the coil to the points.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Not a problem. I'm running a Bosch regulator/2 brush/12v on my 56 PanShovel that used to be a 6v system. The regulator is on a factory bracket behind the rear cylinder, I looked for a sporty bracket that mounts on the generator but couldn't find one.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PONY said:
Not a problem. I'm running a Bosch regulator/2 brush/12v on my 56 PanShovel that used to be a 6v system. The regulator is on a factory bracket behind the rear cylinder, I looked for a sporty bracket that mounts on the generator but couldn't find one.
I'll look through my junk pile to see if I can find an extra one.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thanks guys. J&P Cycles and Vtwin each repop generator mount regulator brackets but I didn't know it at the time. Now it's been where it's at for a few years and I'm too lazy to move it. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.