Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one with a early sporty running a front engine/oil filter mount .i took mine off it to powder coat thee framethen put it back on .it goes back on nice but the filter seems to be sitting a little croked facing the ground a few degrees .heres my question do you think it might the shimming for the engine.frame..im running the right monut a flat washer then a barrel shim then frame left mount then nut .same on top as bottom .does this sound right or m i missing a shim/washer somewhere .its a 68 sporty.thanks kyle

·
Registered
257 Posts
speedy3s said:
any one with a early sporty running a front engine/oil filter mount .i took mine off it to powder coat thee framethen put it back on .it goes back on nice but the filter seems to be sitting a little croked facing the ground a few degrees .heres my question do you think it might the shimming for the engine.frame..im running the right monut a flat washer then a barrel shim then frame left mount then nut .same on top as bottom .does this sound right or m i missing a shim/washer somewhere .its a 68 sporty.thanks kyle
You may have better luck if you bolt the front mounts tight to the engine cases and then fit shims (washers) between the mounts and the frame tubes.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine is set up like oldspeed suggests, with the shims ( washers) between the mount and the frame, thick suckers,four deep top and bottom, may have come with the kit....I don't recall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts