1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,818 Posts
reverbunit said:
has it been rejetted since the pipes were added? YES
has the air/fuel adjustment screw been played with yet? YES
has the primary chain been adjusted recently? NOPE
ok, so it still farts after the rejet?
done by an indy or some buddies for a 6 pack?
the farts can totally go away, try shimming the needle ever so slightly and adjust the primary chain, it will solve some of the lurching I'll bet.

an 883 with air cleaner and open pipes prolly would be happy with a 42 -45 low jet, and 170-175 main and a stock needle shimmed., air fuel screw at 2 - 2.5 turns from closed. should be a good starting point.
my 04 1200r when it was stock, in Houston altitude and humidity with SE air cleaner and SE II pipes no baffles liked a 42 low, 180 main and a N-65 needle with one shim, air fuel at 2.25 turns. no farts, hauled ass and plugs looked purty.

· Registered
1,818 Posts
call me tomorrow 713-834-7961.
put in fresh plugs, do a plug chop and read em, work from there. also look at the pipes for sooty or not. 883 should be a breeze to tune out.
I still say with that many miles on the bike, you will also need to adjust the primary chain if you know how, if not, I will fax you the page from the manual or explain it to ya, its easy. That causes lurching feelings big time.
Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.