Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made some real progress on the Sportster yesterday....got is all stripped down and did a little mock up with the springer...and the ugly tank......I like the look and the stance...

We are going to cut off the rear half of the frame today.....then i need to go foraging for some metal to make a new rear section....fun fun fun...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
411 Posts
al...that tanks not bad at all..you made it sound nasty.the stance is nice.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Big Al,Looks good.Is this part of the bike from your book that went to Alaska and back? Enjoy the rest of the summer!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Frosty said:
Big Al,Looks good.Is this part of the bike from your book that went to Alaska and back? Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Yes the very same bike.....

I has been bored out to 1200cc and ported and polished....

This bike has over 100,000 miles on it and I am the only owner....hopefully own it unti i die!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
That "ugly" tank looks like H-D FXE. Sweet to me. If it's too ugly maybe I have some thing in my shop more your style. That is if you're interested, Al. TK.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Threadkiller said:
That "ugly" tank looks like H-D FXE. Sweet to me. If it's too ugly maybe I have some thing in my shop more your style. That is if you're interested, Al. TK.
Yep an old super glide....

No, we are expressing some irony here...I always kind of hated those tanks....until the day we slapped one on this mock up....and I love it....We even tried all kinds of other tanks, but love this one.......so tha tanks stays....thanks for the offer though....

·
Registered
351 Posts
Rippy, where you been hiding? I don't see you much at CC unless I'm being blinded by the "wisdom" of Freeway & WWJDWTF13. Regards, TK.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RippoDippo said:
I used a Weld on tail section. Do again would have put it in the Jig and fixed one a little longer.
I think we are going to lengthen it an inch or two.....how much would you do?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts