Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what year primary covers will fit my '68 XLCH? Am I right in thinking I can get one up to 1970? Mine's all beat up and I was wanting to get something a little different anyways...if anyone has a cool one for sale that'll fit this, lemme know.

·
Registered
246 Posts
my service manual doesnt say directly but it leads me to think you are good all the way to 74 but I could be wrong

70 should work for sure

·
Registered
257 Posts
labelkills said:
my service manual doesnt say directly but it leads me to think you are good all the way to 74 but I could be wrong

70 should work for sure
69 was the last year for the tin primary cover on a CH. In 70 the xl and ch used the same cover that worked for the electric start. You can use a cover from 62 to 69

·
Banned
163 Posts
I have two tin covers, one new and one used, off my 68 XLCH

don't really need them since I'm running mine open

probably will hang onto the used one in case I decide to mutilate it for a partial cover...... but I doubt it

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
oldspeed said:
69 was the last year for the tin primary cover on a CH. In 70 the xl and ch used the same cover that worked for the electric start. You can use a cover from 62 to 69
Thanks! That sounds pretty definitive.

HackAsaw said:
I have two tin covers, one new and one used, off my 68 XLCH

don't really need them since I'm running mine open

probably will hang onto the used one in case I decide to mutilate it for a partial cover...... but I doubt it
Hey...got any pics of the open primary? Did you get it from Karata? And finally, is the new cover for sale?

·
Banned
163 Posts
yeah I got some

I suspect it will be able to be seen on the front cover of a certain motorcycle magazine

ya really don't see many open ironhead primaries do ya?

it's easier typed than done

if I recall correctly..... it's a Primo and nobody sells what you need to do one dry....... if they do...... I'd sure like to know who

I'll sell you an undented very presentable used one for 40 bucks shipped

don't like it send it back

pix vaporized, I dunno why

1 - 7 of 7 Posts