Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the heads on 1995 sportster mill in straight line or is one head more to right or to the left than the other? i hope some one knows what i mean.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm about 95% sure they are in line with each other. Otherwise the top motor mount would have to assymmetrical to bolt to both heads and I'm 100% sure it's not. Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

·
Registered
237 Posts
BadMonkeyMW said:
Out of curiosity, why do you ask?
I hope they are in a straight line. Otherwise, the intake won't line up, plus they won't fit on the jugs. Did you try to put them on with one plug on each side of the bike? That really won't work. I completely fail to understand this one.

Do you mean are they flat across the tops? More information, please and good luck.

Post pics.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not so funny story i got this mill in the mail like two days ago and the guy i got it from said it was a running shifting mill that just needs to have the back mount welded becuse its cracked im a welder by trade so no big deal. i get it and shit is all messed up the heads dont line up and i just found a big ass crack at base of the barrel im not happy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, but it was as is and i knew that the mounts needed to be welded the guy will say to bad soo sad. maybe he is cool i just dont know in this day in age

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
turns out the guy i got it from might be cool only time will tell

·
Registered
237 Posts
On further inspection, it looks like that engine may have been dropped or it may have been broken during shipping. Does the crack look old or new? If you decide to use the cases, get them looked at by somebody you trust. It won't do anybody any good to try to rebuild if the cases are screwed up. Also, the bottom end may well be FUBAR. With the way that jug looks, the rod is probably ruined and the crank assembly, as well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
happy to say the guy said he would take it back and give me all of my money back

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.