Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
H tank on a CH?

Have you checked the date code on the -59 frame?
Yes....it is A9, at the seat post, and since it's a straight seat post, is has to be a 59 xlh. (It has the factory tabs for the side mount oil tank) The xlch didn't have them.

Matching title, 59xlh, but with a later cam cover and magneto.......I'm diggin it. I've got some ideas, but no final decision on what it will be.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yes....it is A9, at the seat post, and since it's a straight seat post, is has to be a 59 xlh. (It has the factory tabs for the side mount oil tank) The xlch didn't have them.

Matching title, 59xlh, but with a later cam cover and magneto.......I'm diggin it. I've got some ideas, but no final decision on what it will be.
Yes, that sounds correct for a -59 H, mounting tabs for the oil tank on the seatpost tubes. And your saying that it has this boss?

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Yes, that sounds correct for a -59 H, mounting tabs for the oil tank on the seatpost tubes. And your saying that it has this boss?
I would say yes, it is covered in bondo.....but the underlying shape looks correct. I 've been too busy rebuilding the trans to dig out the mud.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.