Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just seeing if anyone has seen this done before?
i'd like to tuck the carb in a little closer, and honestly i think it would just look pretty neat. other then making a custom manifold, anybody see any problems? i imagine the angle of the intake bends may cause some issues, and re jetting will be necessary.
thoughts?

·
Registered
270 Posts
The intake is going to get warm from the cylinders and rob you of some power. The tight turn to get to the ports is going to worse than a panhead. This is the point where form kills function.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Okay yeah a lot of ideas do not function as intended and just look good. You got me there! I was just trying to give the OP some info I came up with pertaining to his question. I'm all for trying new stuff, so I will second you Bob on going for it! 76JOSH let us know if you do it and the results. Good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have done it before, but serious port modification is needed. I made the ports face each other, than fabricated a manifold like the O-ring Panhead intake. I have recently had to add a primer to the manifold to ease starting, since the carb now faces downhill on the left side.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You can turn the heads 180, and move the front head to the rear and the rear head to the front. it also, takes a lot of machining to do, but it was done on at least one XR 750 back in the day when the first XR 750s where still iron headed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.