Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heya,
I just got my spoke kit from Buchanan and noticed that half of the spokes have a bend and the other half are straight. But the spokes on my hub currently are ALL striaght. I called Buchanan and they said i have the correct kit but when converting to a 16" rim the spoke pattern changes. Anybody know what the patter changes to?

·
Registered
82 Posts
ATX-tommy said:
Heya,
I just got my spoke kit from Buchanan and noticed that half of the spokes have a bend and the other half are straight. I called Buchanan about it becuase on my 18" wheel they are ALL straight. They said i have the correct kit but when converting to a 16" rim the pattern changes. Anybody know what the patter changes to?
what kind of wheel and hub are you talking about?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, that would have been helpful i guess. I've got a '67 BSA quick change hub like the one pictured here.

I'm going from 18" to 16". All my spokes were straight when in the 18" rim. but the kit has 20 straight ones and 20 with a 90* bend at the end so that it loops around in the other direction.

Attachments

·
Banned
36 Posts
ATX-tommy said:
Just for future reference if anybody ever searches for this in the future. The 20 bent spokes should first be laced on the drive side and the straight ones on the other side.
ATX,
I spent the day lacing up my OIF rear hub to a new 18 Sun rim. A little mind melting, but We got it done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts