Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
If I was going through all the trouble of splitting the cases, I'd just spend the extra 5 minutes to pull the transmission and inspect it. I'd bet that half of the times I've pulled the transmissions, I've ended up picking out the broken gear teeth up out of the oil. I'm always glad that I checked it out and was able to fix what was broken rather than hoping it was all good and testing my luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If I was going through all the trouble of splitting the cases, I'd just spend the extra 5 minutes to pull the transmission and inspect it. I'd bet that half of the times I've pulled the transmissions, I've ended up picking out the broken gear teeth up out of the oil. I'm always glad that I checked it out and was able to fix what was broken rather than hoping it was all good and testing my luck.
agreed, dont you want 100% gone through drive train vs a 70% one? Brit trannys are pretty simple and easy to re install as well.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My thinking was it is probably unlikely that there is anything major wrong with the transmission. And I just don't want to mess with it right now so I can focus on the engine. Lastly, if I get the engine done, bottom end included, and after running it for a while in the bike, if I find there is something wrong with the trans, I can work on the trans fairly easily with the engine in the bike. I'll probably pull the trans now anyway.

Thanks again for your replies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.