Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not for nothing, just about can go to anywhere on the web to see stuff about 2004 sportsters. Not that I dont like them....hell I have an evo bike. but I also dont post about my chevy blazer on the HAMB (well i did once)

maybe break it up into 2 sectinos....pre66 and pos65??? or strictly keep it (i hate to use the term) "traditional"

or maybe im just a douchebag.

(for all ya **** who are thinking "man he has a gay 2004 panhead", i have a 65 pan and a 48 pan sitting next to a 39 knuck in the garage too!)

·
Registered
82 Posts
caffeine said:
not for nothing, just about can go to anywhere on the web to see stuff about 2004 sportsters. Not that I dont like them....hell I have an evo bike. but I also dont post about my chevy blazer on the HAMB (well i did once)

maybe break it up into 2 sectinos....pre66 and pos65??? or strictly keep it (i hate to use the term) "traditional"

or maybe im just a douchebag.

(for all ya **** who are thinking "man he has a gay 2004 panhead", i have a 65 pan and a 48 pan sitting next to a 39 knuck in the garage too!)
im with you on this one .I have new bikes and old .but I dont want to see some vrod or some occ bullshit on here so there needs to be somekind of rules and regs .

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I don't think any of the date splits, which for the most part make sense with cars, make sense for bikes--by that rationale, discussion of cole's blue bike would be split on one board with the "2004 Sportsters" while discussion of a bagger stock panhead would be on the other.

The only split that makes sense to me is discussion of essentially stock bikes versus heavily modified or ground-up built bikes. But even that split doesn't always work, as I have seen some close to stock bikes with some very cool features on them.

I say as long as the topic isn't too radically off the basic premise of choppers and bobbers, let it slide. If it gets out of control with basically stock bike-type questions and posts (like a bunch of other boards), the adminstrators can start stepping in.

That's my pinheaded view of it, anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
And since this is not supposed to be strictly H-D, how do you split all the European and Japanese bikes? Let it run awhile, see if tinkering is needed.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hatch said:
It's not what you start with....it's what you build from it. The HAMB has always been "self regulated" on what shows up......hopefully this will work the same way.
reason I brought it up...jsut so you dont think im a TOTAL douchebag.........is I am putting my evo longbike up for sale.........and i thought...it wouldnt be appropriate for this board......maybe i was wrong....

like i said i have many different tastes.....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Maybe the easiest way to keep out what we don't want is rear tire width measurement rule. WCC, OCC, the ten bazillion clone shops would NEVER build their bikes with tires as narrow as ours. :cool: :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just let it ride the way it is.
I've got an FXR (evo), but i enjoy checking out old and new shit. I don't wanna have to jump to different forums for every damn make, model, motor, etc...

The beauty of bikes, and these forums, is the fact that everybody has different styles and tastes, and we like to share it all. I'm of the opinion that if it has two wheels and a motor, ride it, share it, live it.

If we split it, then all the triumph guys will be hanging over in their forums bashing on the harley dudes, and the harley dudes will be laughing at the rice guys, and then it gets too close to real life.

I like bikes like i like women...
All shapes and sizes...especially if they're dirty, fast and easy.
DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honestly, I don't think that you are going to see people posting about newer shit on here anyways. If they take the time to read some of the posts on here, they will know what this place is all about...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ok fellas...

I think once Jason gets back from Paso and starts to get a little direction, we will be able to kind of solve this issue...

Personally, I prefer the board to focus on the vintage era of bikes I guess. That said, I think there are some really well done EVO bikes out there that would fit in here. This is really more of a style discrepency than one based on eras, don't you think?

To me, this forum is based around mechanical bobbers, choppers, and racers with a vintage feel... or a nod to the heritage...

Hard to explain, ain't it? The forum will shape itself... I know the HAMB certainly did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I say keep it to HOMEBUILT bikes of any kind. Caffeine your bike is fine as long as it wasn't built by some bozo on tv... Looks like fun. If someone has built a chopped v-rod with the water running in the frame for cooling I'd like to see it.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts