Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
That bike is one of my favorite bikes ever.

I saw it on that site years ago...

Too bad Dave doesn't update his site anymore.
I wonder if he knows its still there...

ChopperDave, update your goddamn site!!!

:eek:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
884 Posts
Polock Joe said:
Anyone have pictures of bikes with speed holes? THX

Pic borrowed from Chopper Dave's site.
My dad always considered rust holes in bodywork as "speed holes". :)

You threw me off for a second.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jbfrmca said:
i'm way into all things holy. this is my rim that was drilled back in the day(about25 years ago) i've got a few things that are drilled out but no pics yet. i'll get some and post them later.
I've been thinking about that picture for a few hours and I still have not formed an opinion yet. Yes, it looks cool and serves the purpose of less weight but what happens when whatever you have on the other side comes off? Has it ever come off? What is on the other side?
 

· TI_Tuesday
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
if you are drilling everything out looking for the racy look, you may also want to consider safety wiring everything too. if done right it looks trick AND ads function. imagine that...not just for shovelhead exhaust bolts anymore! here are some pics of simple stuff but i have seen it done so well and intricately its pure art.







 

· Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Polock Joe said:
I've been thinking about that picture for a few hours and I still have not formed an opinion yet. Yes, it looks cool and serves the purpose of less weight but what happens when whatever you have on the other side comes off? Has it ever come off? What is on the other side?
i'm not understanding what you are asking. please clarify.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jbfrmca said:
i'm not understanding what you are asking. please clarify.
TOM--That is awesome, I've never seen that before.

JB--What holds the air in? Maybe I'm half a retard or something but I always thought most tires were tubeless.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Polock Joe said:
TOM--That is awesome, I've never seen that before.

JB--What holds the air in? Maybe I'm half a retard or something but I always thought most tires were tubeless.
well there's a tube in there and on the rim we put about a full roll of electrical tape to keep the tube from poppying out. i thought about useing red tape to make it stand out better but i think the sun would fade it and then it would look pink and we can't have that now can we..lol..
 

· Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
jbfrmca said:
i'm way into all things holy. this is my rim that was drilled back in the day(about25 years ago) i've got a few things that are drilled out but no pics yet. i'll get some and post them later.
I love that drilled rim! Like those old BMX rims with a hole between each spoke.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top