726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pictures of bikes with speed holes? THX

Pic borrowed from Chopper Dave's site.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
That bike is one of my favorite bikes ever.

I saw it on that site years ago...

Too bad Dave doesn't update his site anymore.
I wonder if he knows its still there...

ChopperDave, update your goddamn site!!!

:eek:

·
Registered
884 Posts
i'm way into all things holy. this is my rim that was drilled back in the day(about25 years ago) i've got a few things that are drilled out but no pics yet. i'll get some and post them later.

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
Polock Joe said:
Anyone have pictures of bikes with speed holes? THX

Pic borrowed from Chopper Dave's site.
My dad always considered rust holes in bodywork as "speed holes". :)

You threw me off for a second.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jbfrmca said:
i'm way into all things holy. this is my rim that was drilled back in the day(about25 years ago) i've got a few things that are drilled out but no pics yet. i'll get some and post them later.
I've been thinking about that picture for a few hours and I still have not formed an opinion yet. Yes, it looks cool and serves the purpose of less weight but what happens when whatever you have on the other side comes off? Has it ever come off? What is on the other side?

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
if you are drilling everything out looking for the racy look, you may also want to consider safety wiring everything too. if done right it looks trick AND ads function. imagine that...not just for shovelhead exhaust bolts anymore! here are some pics of simple stuff but i have seen it done so well and intricately its pure art.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Polock Joe said:
I've been thinking about that picture for a few hours and I still have not formed an opinion yet. Yes, it looks cool and serves the purpose of less weight but what happens when whatever you have on the other side comes off? Has it ever come off? What is on the other side?
i'm not understanding what you are asking. please clarify.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jbfrmca said:
i'm not understanding what you are asking. please clarify.
TOM--That is awesome, I've never seen that before.

JB--What holds the air in? Maybe I'm half a retard or something but I always thought most tires were tubeless.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Polock Joe said:
TOM--That is awesome, I've never seen that before.

JB--What holds the air in? Maybe I'm half a retard or something but I always thought most tires were tubeless.
well there's a tube in there and on the rim we put about a full roll of electrical tape to keep the tube from poppying out. i thought about useing red tape to make it stand out better but i think the sun would fade it and then it would look pink and we can't have that now can we..lol..

·
Registered
967 Posts
I wonder how the holes in the velocity stacks affect the airflow...seriously.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jbfrmca said:
this a pic of arlen ness's knuckle from a 1985 easyrider magazine. the pic sux because it's a pic of a pic. sorry.
Arlen's the man.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you look at the clutch cover on Arlens bike it kinda looks like a hart pattern.

Looks tuff.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts

I was inspired. Took me about 30 minutes. Battery box is next. Gotta go, Mr. Ness is calling again with another job offer.:eek:

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
jbfrmca said:
this a pic of arlen ness's knuckle from a 1985 easyrider magazine. the pic sux because it's a pic of a pic. sorry.
Getting a bike to run well w/ a velocity stack is no fun. Tuning two w/ holes in them...it pains me to think about.

·
Registered
186 Posts
jbfrmca said:
I love that drilled rim! Like those old BMX rims with a hole between each spoke.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts