Jockey Journal Forum banner

SPARX 3 phase regulators

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Tony the torch 
#1 ·
Hello, seems that this question is not in the archives.

I have a 3 phase RM24 on my Triumph I do not have anymore in the electrical department
so Im thinking to put a Sparx 3 phase regulator
My question is: This unit have a capacitor inside? or should I need an outside unit to provide this?

My idea is keep the electrical at minimum and ONLY for lights.
-a 3 phase voltage regulator with a built in capacitor(but I do not know exactly which one)
-a fuse

--no battery
--no coils

#2 · (Edited)
two things.
1. that 3 phase Sparx unit does not have a capacitor inside it, you will need an external one.

2. the 3 phase is way over kill especially for a bare bones charge system, all you ever need is the standard 10 am stator and then you can use the SparX battery eliminator with a capacitor built in.

#6 · (Edited)
that was a typo, it should say 10 amp stator(120 watt) , but as far as I know the 3 phase Sparx 200 rectifier/regulator does not have a built in capacitor making it a "Battery Eliminator"
I know the regular old 2 phase Sparx charge unit has a built in capacitor.

#8 ·
...I m planning to put "the right" voltage regulator for a RM24, so no hassles.
-also I can put a generic cheaper 12V "line" voltage regulator for smaller cc bikes then put a 6 diode from a Fiat (car) to convert the current and a fuse; but those Chinese regulators are not the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.