Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, opinions are like assholes, but I'll open this can of worms anyhow...

What plugs have you guys found to work the best in ironhead 900 sportsters?? I've tried ngk, ac delco, champion, etc. and havent found one that I am sold on yet. what heat range you using? what gap (mine has a magneto if that matters) I seem to have a hard time finding anything on the shelves here at the parts houses so if I am gonna have to order some I would like to find a brand I am happy with and order up a bunch to have on hand, thanks-

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
which champion is hotter, the 10 or 8 (not familiar with how they number there plugs)

Most of what I have read suggests gap from the 30 to 40, what advantage is there to narrower gaps??

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'm pretty sure with Champion, the higher the number the hotter the plug....as opposed to like say, NGK which I think is the opposite.

Although I may have that all upside down and backwards.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Dan said:
which champion is hotter, the 10 or 8 (not familiar with how they number there plugs)

Most of what I have read suggests gap from the 30 to 40, what advantage is there to narrower gaps??
Provides a more powerful spark. Especially necessary when running at higher compression. Downside is you can burn out the core as well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I always use H-D brand plugs, but that's cause I get them free. I've never had any problems with them though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts