Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
I, sadly, used a TY175 muffler on my Bultaco as Yamaha could afford to get them certified while the small Spanish firms had no chance. But the TY muffler is properly marked.

You need to get the MAR to Donner Pass next summer!

·
Registered
690 Posts
He's in kalifornistan, they get kinda whacked about such things.

Not for bad reason either, I have seen fires started by leaves thrown up into a 4 stroke header when the conditions were right. A few offroad races require header wrap on 4 strokes here in the south, after fires broke out mid-race during dry times in Florida.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the original was a slip on held in place by a spring.first thing most of us took off ,so may be hard to find,it,s a trials bike so why use one
My muffler right now has a circlip holding in a piece that is probably rusted in real good but it must not be complete because I see no way it would do the job. I wonder if any insert types are adaptable with a flange that would use the same circlip to retain it.

Yes it's a trials bike and hopefully I have lots of natural born talent, but I'm totally new to trials and at my age, I need to go places to practice and practice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PITS

Ah, jeez, you're even closer to Donner that I thought. Lucky bastard.

This is me up there a few years ago.
By the way, Swooshdave, I recognized your name from the accessnorton board. I also have a 73 Commando and I've used that board alot. As a matter of fact, I believe you have even answered a question or two for me. Look forward to seeing you at Donner next summer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
By the way, Swooshdave, I recognized your name from the accessnorton board. I also have a 73 Commando and I've used that board alot. As a matter of fact, I believe you have even answered a question or two for me. Look forward to seeing you at Donner next summer.
Not sure the next time I'll make it to Donner. But it's one of the most spectacular venues in the US for trials.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts