Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is out there for new off the shelf (not used) vintage style tires. I'm not sure what size I will be running but they will be skinny. Hopefully a 21" up front. I know there is Coker/Firestone and hoping that someone could give some reviews on Coker or any other source/brands they have used or like.

Thanks.
Brian

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the replies so far.

I found this on the Avon website. Discription of the Speedmasters...

Speedmaster AM6
Speed rated to 112mph, the Speedmaster MKII has the curved tread profile and ribbed pattern so typical of bikes of yesteryear. It gives ‘classic’ handling characteristics but with the benefit of modern rubber compounds. When you fit this front tyre it’s best used in conjunction with the Safety Mileage MKII

What the hell does "classic handling" mean? Should I read that it "handles like shit"??:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm putting a set of Avons on today...,( if it ever stops raining)

Speed Master MK II , 19" up front and 18" in rear, I was kinda leary of the "classic handling" too, but I said screw it, it can't be any worse then "the tired assed old tires" I'm running now

I'll give ya review after I ride her......

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I had cokers on my bike at first, and they sucked for high speed cornering. I put on MKII's after that and they handle way better.

I love the look of the cokers, but performance-wise, use the avons.

·
Registered
257 Posts
FrankBen777 said:
I'm putting a set of Avons on today...,( if it ever stops raining)

Speed Master MK II , 19" up front and 18" in rear, I was kinda leary of the "classic handling" too, but I said screw it, it can't be any worse then "the tired assed old tires" I'm running now

I'll give ya review after I ride her......
I think it means that they are not as good as radials for grip, they work very well on my old bikes, but then again none of them handle like new sportbikes with sticky tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts