Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Sandiego on the 16th for a few days.. what is there to do?
Never been.

Sparky

·
Registered
626 Posts
the smartest thing to do would be to drive straight to L.A., drive around for three hours (that should just about get you from the south to the north end) then promptly turn around and drive back to S.D.

after the L.A. experience, you'll love absolutely everything about it.

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
going to visit a friend of the wife's who is a marine. i have no clue where we will be though.

mike, which tattoo shop do you work at? i'll try and stop by.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Mike I know where Avalon is. Set up a time with Sparky and I'll stop in and buy a round of cold ones. Hell I might get some new ink myself, been about 25 yrs since my last tatt anyway.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Are you going to be riding at all while here? Tons of stuff to do here man. Depends on where you're staying. PM me with some details and i'll try to help you out.

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
unfortunately no riding. we are flying out there. the maritime thing would rock. my boy is 2 years old and he loves boats and trains. so that would rock.

fredo and mike, i'll definitely have to hook up with you guys!!

·
Registered
789 Posts
go see whatever band is playing at the casbah. eat at hamburger mary's in Hillcrest, a really hip, fun (and sometimes gay) burger and beer joint with curbside parking. get dressed up and have cocktails at Mr. Bertrand's "A" Lounge and restaurant (ask any local where it is; he'll tell you.) go barhopping and nightclubbing in the gaslamp district. san diego is a great city.

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks halwade... you're mcgoo right? damn i miss my bmx days!

so yeah sandiego sounds like a blast!

·
Registered
675 Posts
If ya got a baby sitter....The turf ckub for dinner, you can cook up your own steak on the grill. Another great dinner joint is the south park grill. bars=Whistle stop, casbah, ken club. Gaslamp is for frat boys and meatheads.
sparkymoffett said:
thanks halwade... you're mcgoo right? damn i miss my bmx days!

so yeah sandiego sounds like a blast!

·
Registered
376 Posts
lots-o-good stuff mentioned already. a couple that haven't been mentioned are the san diego zoo if ya got a full day for it (i know; everyone knows about the zoo, but it hadn't been mentioned); and the USS Midway is a permanent museum now. the old lighthouse is pretty cool. for those of us who only see an ocean every several years or so walking/playing on the beach is a treat.

there's a really good mexican restaurant down in the original part of SD (old town), but i can't remember the name. i could drive you to it, though. if you get to Taylor St & Calhoun St you might not be there but you'll be reaaaalllllly close. maybe some of the natives on here can remember the name of the place.

'course there's prolly hunnerts of good mexican restaurants in SD.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When I was livin in LA I always ate at In-n-Out Burger. If i where to visit there again I would definatly want to eat there again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts