Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
wow, that's a great job. and man i've never seen a bike with a swinarm look that cool.

·
Registered
236 Posts
see, bikes like this make me wanna ditch the rigid

there's just so many cool things you can do with a swingarm frame. Is the frame original?

·
Registered
726 Posts
If you put a long fender on the rear I am going to start wearing tin foil hats.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that bike started life as a stock '76 FL... frame and front end are stock..

Factory sheetmetal, and yes its getting the stock hinged fender out back, and factory oil tank.

I do have some sweet badges, but am going to use the stock AMF badges.. (but they are at the chromers right now)..

The badges will go in the tool bag thats filling in the spot where the battery used to be.

I think this is the coolest bike I have built to date.. including the Pan and Ace bike coming together now!

I am going to get some video of startup hopefully this week.. just a couple things to work out yet.

·
Registered
504 Posts
god, why was i not born in california?

so many cool shows, so many cool old bikes and hot rods to salvage.

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
righteous!
trent thats really coming together well.
great and i just sold my titled 4spd swingarm roller....to tom.
sellers remorse :( ? nah i need the cash!!!!!!!!!!!

at least its staying in the family and it will be in the stable for TI Tuesdays.

I see it now.....the 4spd swingarm craze is about ready to pop.

all class all day

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
todd said:
righteous!
trent thats really coming together well.
great and i just sold my titled 4spd swingarm roller....to tom.
sellers remorse :( ? nah i need the cash!!!!!!!!!!!

at least its staying in the family and it will be in the stable for TI Tuesdays.

I see it now.....the 4spd swingarm craze is about ready to pop.

all class all day
Thanks man.. I cant believe you sold that roller! Damn man! At least it went to a good home. I sure hope the "craze" doesnt "pop".. but I am sure it will.. fuck.
Hows the LOF coming along?

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
rockymtnpits said:
Thanks man.. I cant believe you sold that roller! Damn man! At least it went to a good home. I sure hope the "craze" doesnt "pop".. but I am sure it will.. fuck.
Hows the LOF coming along?
i was saving that roller for a rainy day. it took tom 3 days of talking to get me to come off it. the cash pushed me over the edge. i picked up some 80 spoke wheels for LOF and i had to pay for some paint and powder on my for sale bike.

fucking spoke wheels for 230 tires are hard to find and expensive as a result
( i know i know i know....blah blah blah 230 blah blah gay)

so i was in a pinch and tom just "had to have" a 4spd swing arm bike.

LOF is coming along. at this point im waiting for the wheels to come in.
LOF is going a bit slower because im trying to finish my for sale bike. dont know about you but if i have more than one project going...everything seems to go in slow motion.

·
Registered
263 Posts
snortonnorton said:
god, why was i not born in california?

so many cool shows, so many cool old bikes and hot rods to salvage.
Why not just move here like every other person alive. Seriously, traffic needs to be worse i can almost get 10 miles in an hour at noon. Its interesting to drive standard transmission cars with bad brakes on the freeway though. Have you ever seen some homeboy in a lexus spill coffee on himself when you nearly kiss his bumper in a 50 year old land yacht? priceless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts