Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
caffeine said:

man I hear ya ..

can you imagine if someone ever had a complete kit nos in the box ..

hey and what about the scarce few of us who are trying to do somewhat stock pre-unit builds .. sheetmetal is 'unobtainium' grade anymore ..

see : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4632076036&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

criminey, I'm still hoping I can find original-paint fenders to match my original-paint tank for a '70 TR6R .. here was a 3-piece set went for $1684 ..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4612029325&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

shit's crazy man ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
JESUS HOLY CHRIST. . . When I first saw that I said, no one is going to even hit the opening bid, THEN i realized it was UP TO $450. That is INSANE!!! What is even greater is that I have one in similar condition with the phenolic spacers. But anyway, it would be tough to replicate that one, lots of expensive machining. The manifold for the 650 Iron heads would be easier to make. i have made one of them and a buddy gave me one he made and has it ona CNC program.

Trouble with repoping the speed kit stuff is that it makes the carbs fit straight back off of the head with no room for a concentric (carb flange gets in the way) or a monoblock (bowls are no positioned right and bonk eachother). An old Webco manifold would be the best and easiest to repop, this one splays the carbs out just a tad and you can use concentrics or monoblocks if you fit them EVER so carefully.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Dragon,
Unity has that intake manifold in thier catalog to fit unit Triumphs.
Don't know availibility.

There would also be a demand for a dual carb A-10 manifold.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Dragon said:
Wes -

question about this old piece, not T100, but is it a Webco or ??

all I know is it's a neat piece, & does duals on a TR6 head ..

Doug-E. I think I saw that one in one of my later Webco catalogues, although they usually put "webco" in the casting on most everything . Ever wanna sell it ro trade it, i am a big sucker for that stuff. .. .

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
VA Rebel said:
Dragon,
Unity has that intake manifold in thier catalog to fit unit Triumphs.
Don't know availibility.

There would also be a demand for a dual carb A-10 manifold.
On the A-10's you have to cut the manifold off the head . Then rebuild it with dual flanges . I'm doing that to my cluster fuck A10 Semi unit . I'm considering castng them when I'm done figuring out the port angles . Some AHRMA guys would be into it . Since in my opion the A10 is the best BSA twin made !

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
fouraceswes said:
Doug-E. I think I saw that one in one of my later Webco catalogues, although they usually put "webco" in the casting on most everything . Ever wanna sell it ro trade it, i am a big sucker for that stuff. .. .
I have the abilty to do castings . So Wes if you ever get another and want to make them for yourself .

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Dragon said:
Wes -

question about this old piece, not T100, but is it a Webco or ??

all I know is it's a neat piece, & does duals on a TR6 head ..

Send it to me for inspection... I'll let you know! :D

I would buy a re-cast of that if someone made them! I have a good TR6 head that I would like to do something with some day. Always thought a couple of old Amals and a cool adapter like that would be neat! Somebody do a re-cast!

Trumpnut? Chopper Dave??? Anyone???

·
Registered
333 Posts
If anyone is interested my shop could make repop dual carb manifolds. We already make some parts for triumphs and bsa's. We machine these parts for a friend who wholesales them. Items produced include Barnes style spool front hubs, disc brake rotor carriers, triumph and bsa finned aluminum sump covers. Here is my shop web site: www.bccustommfg.com If interested in any parts email me at [email protected] and I can put you in touch with the guy who we make the parts for.
MC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts