Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here are some old pics of my dad's sportster, probably 1970-71. the bike is rather interesting since he made it adjustable for inspection. (NJ introduced inspection i think in '69 or '70) the rear fender can be moved back and forth and a few other things. i figured id just share em. ive got alot more where they came from, just need to go through more of the old photo albums.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
man, i dig that '60 chebbie in pic #1.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Capt. Cal said:
here are some old pics of my dad's sportster, probably 1970-71. the bike is rather interesting since he made it adjustable for inspection. (NJ introduced inspection i think in '69 or '70) the rear fender can be moved back and forth and a few other things. i figured id just share em. ive got alot more where they came from, just need to go through more of the old photo albums.

VERY cool. hey im looking for pics of asbury park bike shows circa 1979-1983ish if ya have any looking for some more pics of some of my fathers bikes.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i saw the poncho in pic#4 the first time, but i just saw the thunderchicken in pic#3

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
richard cranium said:
Cal,

Thanks for sharing those pictures! Parking lots looked a lot cooler in 1971.

How are you and your dad making out with that 750?

Ed
well, we got the 750 running...sorta. it runs good enough to rip the motor out and dump it in the other bike. can you still make those copies of the tuning specs? but anywho, we're gettin there, hopefully it will be done by spring.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I see what you mean about the struts, funny to think that in '71 that 60 chevy was just a lame-ass old car some teenager got stuck with.:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts