Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to clean some Aluminum parts on my bike so I stopped at the auto part store,I was looking for some Flitz but they did'nt have it,the counter man told me to try the Blue Magic His dad uses it all the time.
He said rub it in with your fingers then use a terry cloth to finnish rubbing it in.
So i tried it HOLY S*%T this stuff is great really did a great job,even on chrome the blue and yellow on the exhaust gone and its only $6.50 a jar a little goes a long way give it a shot!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
It also polishes yellow, dingy headlights, Lexan windscreens, and pretty much anything that requires a fine polishing cream to make it look good again.

I used it to take scratches out of a CD for my kid's XBOX.

·
Super Moderator
4,076 Posts
... so does cheap-ass white toothpaste. (For the CD's)

Myself, I use the huge tubs of Turtle-Wax compounds (rubbing and polishing, red and white), and they do me just fine. At a buck-fifty a jar, I like 'em just fine for polishing aluminum.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I had to clean some Aluminum parts on my bike so I stopped at the auto part store,I was looking for some Flitz but they did'nt have it,the counter man told me to try the Blue Magic His dad uses it all the time.
He said rub it in with your fingers then use a terry cloth to finnish rubbing it in.
So i tried it HOLY S*%T this stuff is great really did a great job,even on chrome the blue and yellow on the exhaust gone and its only $6.50 a jar a little goes a long way give it a shot!!
I've been a fan of this stuff for decades. Not only does it work on various metals, it works on plastics and PAINT. I buffed my entire pickup truck with it with a few years ago, and when I did the paint on my bike build, I used Blue Magic to rub that out too. It replaces about 4 products for buffing out paint. GREAT SHIT MAYNARD!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Simichrome came onto the market before Bluemagic. I first bought Simichrome back in 1973. It originated in Germany.

Simichrome and Blue magic are identical products except that one is pink, the other is blue, and Bluemagic is much less expensive. They both smell the same, and they both perform the same. I remember paying almost 20 bucks for a tube of Simichrome in the early 70's. A very small amount goes a long way with both products. I buffed my entire Ford Ranger out with less than one small jar of Bluemagic.

Here's a picture of a Duplicolor rattle-can finish I wet sanded and hand rubbed using ONLY blue magic "metal polish":

·
Registered
357 Posts
This thread makes me want to go out and polish my knob.

Edit:
I use Mothers mag and aluminum polish.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Wow man! That is incredible! Gonna have to give that a try.....

Here's a picture of a Duplicolor rattle-can finish I wet sanded and hand rubbed using ONLY blue magic "metal polish":

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just picked up some Blue Magic. As a test, I tried some on the tip of the '51 rear fender. It actually did a great job on the old paint. Smoothed it out and gave it a nice shine.

Thanks for the tip. Way cheaper than Semi-Chrome. Smells the same, works as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.