Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to set up the solo seat on my chop and have got a set of 3" springs. I'm pushing 225# and am staring at this spring last night wondering if maybe a bigger one would be better.

Opinions? 3" enough or should I opt for a 4-5" units? Ride quality between the different sizes drastically different?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
DrDano said:
I'm getting ready to set up the solo seat on my chop and have got a set of 3" springs. I'm pushing 225# and am staring at this spring last night wondering if maybe a bigger one would be better.

Opinions? 3" enough or should I opt for a 4-5" units? Ride quality between the different sizes drastically different?
5" seat springs look gay.

you'll be fine w/ 3" springs.

-Jason

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, I thought I'd check and see first. This is my first time running a solo seat and its going on my rigid. I'll post some pics this upcoming week. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Also 5" springs will make you seasick..moving up & down AND left to right..:eek:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
why not the lil ones that have the bars comin off em like lil clamps?? (i have the flu, explaining is not my strong point right now)... you guys know what i mean, the other type... im about 220 and i hear those hold big boys WEELLL.. pluas look nice and slim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts