Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Against all better judgement, I'm building an oil tank for my Triumph. Tony the Torch has mentioned a few times that oil tanks without froth tubes are no bueno, so I'm trying to get more info on what a good froth tube should contain. I believe I've read that they have stacked, perforated discs, but that's all I (think) I know. How many discs? How many perforations, and of what size? Any other information would be much appreciated. A picture would be especially helpful if anyone has one available.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The froth tube/tower/breather is hollow- nothing in it. The oil tank has about a 1/4" hole drilled in it where the breather is centered over it. No screen or filter. That's going off memory from a damaged pre-unit oil tank with a breather that was hanging off of it, so no pics.

Keep in mind, that breather/froth tower thingie was designed to route to the back of the inner primary cover (something you hardly ever see) so some residual oil is normal.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
not really Pete, I have cut them open before and there is 2 disks spaced apart with the holes at opposite sides and on units it was vented out into space and all over the rear fender, your pants etc.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
we cut it off of a cub tank and had to shorten it up a bit so we cut it just above the disk and there was another disk above that.
If you need a tower just hack one off of a cub tank, nobody cares about those..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.