Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed their back orders are getting rediculous, they didn't even stock 20/50 oil for almost a month. i heard that the comebacks on the RevTech engines is killin them, on stupid shit like leaks and POOR assembly. I know a few of you work at shops and was wondering if any has heard anything.
-Jesse

·
Registered
591 Posts
I heard they were in money trouble and being bought a Japanese or Chinese company. And you know what that means, the quality is gonna be top notch!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'm a CCI dealer and a dealer rep said that they tied up a lot of money into the kit bikes and they weren't selling so they had to cut back on the rest of the inventory. I don't know if it's the truth or not. he said they were starting to build stock back now. I do know that I haven't been able to order anything from them in a couple of months because over half my orders was backordered every time I tried. I did place an order yesterday and they appeared to have a few more parts in stock.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Larry T said:
I'm a CCI dealer and a dealer rep said that they tied up a lot of money into the kit bikes and they weren't selling so they had to cut back on the rest of the inventory. I don't know if it's the truth or not. he said they were starting to build stock back now. I do know that I haven't been able to order anything from them in a couple of months because over half my orders was backordered every time I tried. I did place an order yesterday and they appeared to have a few more parts in stock.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I deal with them and plenty of other distributors... they are by far the worst.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Truth said:
I deal with them and plenty of other distributors... they are by far the worst.
Yeah. They aren't usually the first company I call either, but you do what you gotta do. I really liked Chrome Specialties before CCI bought them out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
StraightPipez said:
I heard they were in money trouble and being bought a Japanese or Chinese company. And you know what that means, the quality is gonna be top notch!
Abunch of their shit is crap anyway, but it's mostly Tiwanese junk so its to be expected.
-Jesse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts