Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and I get an offer from a guy on here named "Dead Pirate". I'm thinking ok, so here's an offer but the guy is in Indiana. Not too sure where this is going. We haggle a little bit but by this time I'm ready to let her go. For a song. A few more emails back and forth and a good faith deposit of 100 bux then... nothing. I finally email him and find out he's buying a house and getting married. I'm thinking I will need to relist at some point in the very near future.

He came today, from Indiana to New Jersey and picked it up, with his dad. Most likely the nicest face to face transaction I have ever had. The kind that restores my faith in the folks on these boards. Cuz sometimes, that faith is difficult to hold on to. He was the nicest guy, courteous, straight forward and genuine. I have no doubt that he will make the bike into something very cool.

Nathan, it was a pleasure doing business with you. Best of luck with it.

Christopher

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I had a similar transaction with a guy on (believe it or not e-bay)...he sent me the bike/parts without any deposit and was going to sent the title also...and tells me if it isnt what he said it is....send it back..
Oh...and it gets better.....he sends me back the difference in price that he paid for it (he was looking at a project with his son) from what I paid for it....he wanted NO PROFIT! He tells me he figured if I was willing to spend money and out bid for it I REALLY wanted it.....he just wanted to 'pass on a good thing'.....after getting the bike/parts ...,making something from it and getting it running...I sent him some pics....and the guy thanked ME..
it is transactions like these that help me keep faith in "a man's word"...and a true handshake......yes, they are few and far between.....but they are still there...sounds like a good title for a new thread.....

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Nice to see it turned out ok, I thought it was going to be a nightmare story. When I had some machinery to sell, I never met such a nice bunch of people who bought it. Everyone of them was nice and straight up and realistic.

You will always get people who want a diamond for a $ but I would hope that anyone on this board is decent enough.

Cheers Dan.

ps I'm a nice guy too you know! :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
same deal here. locked down a price on a bike, rented the trailer, i drove the 4 hours to grab the bike (tire blew out on the trailer on the way down). great old guy, retired iron worker. chatted for a bit, he kept trying to hand me back cash (oh, you might need a battery, oh the front tire is roached)! unreal. ended up paying less than originally agreed to. was a hell of a ride but a great experience.

great to see nice people are out there.

·
Registered
380 Posts
ok finally back home and with some down time. first of all thank you so much topher i am so happy to have this bike.
So here is my side. so i sold my bike to buy a house and it kept getting pushed back and pushed back. i had to save money like no tomorrow and finally im like hey i got enough money for the house, my wedding and a bike. so i ask my fiance about getting another one and she says if we can afford it then whatever you want to do. so i start looking and i kept coming across this buell project that kept staying in my mind. so i hit the guy up and as topher said a few emails were exchanged a good faith deposit finally the wedding is over and i head out with my pop. this whole time everyone i talked to was skecptical about the bike and said i was crazy for driving to jersey to buy a motorcylce. i brushed it all off and headed out. we get there and topher starts off by handing me a bag of jersey bagels which i love. ok cool then we load the bike and he has some gas tanks and he shows me. i pick one get everything loaded and we exchange money. you figure ok cool shake hands and head out? nope dude makes me and my dad a sandwich and coffee then we sit and bullshit for a minute than head out. this man has restored my faith in people in general. he excudes class in all the aspects. i cannot wait to get this bike running and ride it out to jersey for the big mountain run and for the block party in brooklyn. this guy is class and one of the best people i have ever met in my life. thanks a million man.

·
Registered
380 Posts
so i am now back from the honeymoon had a great time and almost didnt come home lol. anyways i have figured out how i am going to do some things like mount the tank, fender, seat etc. some of this i havent ever seen done so it should be good. on the tank topher once you see it you will know where i got the idea as i am stealing it from your shovel. i will start a build thread asap the unfortunate things is in about a week i am going to be working 7 days a week about 10 hrs a day so the things like the wiring and plumbing i am not going to do rather i will pay someone this way i am able to ride it this summer. then this winter she gets broken down for paint and reassembly still trying to fully figure out paint though lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.