Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what about bikes that are yellow /green base with gold flake over them?just wanted to see what you all had to say it looks gold in the light but in shade it loks gren .i might put a gold candy over it to rid the green tint or just repaint it blue and sliver .enough babling what color is it ghetto gold?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it looks good dont get me wrong but o cant have a green bike what to do o what to do i think im gonna repaint it

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm planning to go with a green fender and tank, to match my old lime green Galaxie. Plan to use a white tuck and roll seat. The color looks good on your tank.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Keep green, just get one of those bells to scare away any of the bad luck the green paint job is getting you. By the way the bike looks right on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
keep it green. when I did my trump frame green every oldtimer told me the same thing. Didn't scare me. Though I've had every problem you could think happen with my bike and the chain beat me at 60 mph. I'm getting rid of the green frame this month but I'm going back with a black frame and green sheetmetal. Greens just looks to good on bikes not to use it.
speedy3s said:
what about bikes that are yellow /green base with gold flake over them?just wanted to see what you all had to say it looks gold in the light but in shade it loks gren .i might put a gold candy over it to rid the green tint or just repaint it blue and sliver .enough babling what color is it ghetto gold?

·
Registered
801 Posts
What's the deal with green bikes being bad-luck? I've always heard people say this, but never knew why, or where it came from. Anyone know the history?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I think it is an old racing superstition?? Something about a fatal crash on a green bike during a race??

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Dan said:
I think it is an old racing superstition?? Something about a fatal crash on a green bike during a race??
I've heard a lot of stories about the bad luck green deal. Most of them go back to some sort of race car/circle track story.

I'll bet there have been more black scooters crashed than any other color.

Back to work.
Larry T

·
Registered
73 Posts
That saying started way back in the day old timers that are now in there 80's. It pre dates anything Jap.
Django said:
how many hundred of thousands of Green Kaws have been sold?

Looks great.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Green is my favorite color.My 1969 Chevelle and Nova are green.The Nova is stock metallic green.The Chevelle is Moss Green Pearl.My BSA is a custom mixed rattle can of Duplicolor candy green base with a shit load of candy gold.I have never really had any bad luck with them---other than the normal old iron type of shit,nothing bad has happened yet.

The real reason for the green/bad luck thing comes from when Clark W.Griswold bought that Metallic Pea wagon.Remember all the trouble he got into???Actually,I've heard 2 different stories.One was when two road cars (probably Jag/Trump/Austin....remember British Racing Green?) got tangled up and killed 2 or 3 guys.Heard the same thing on an old boardtrack race.All this shit was way before any of us could drive though.Maybe not.I know Irish Rich had some interesting history last time this was brought up.See also: Social Distortion..."Bad Luck" Bad luck is a state of mind.Believe it,and you'll find it.

Jimmy D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts