Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
richard cranium said:
that's a nice shed. what's on top of the blue tarp? a second floor?
Nah, its an old barn, the blue tarp cuts down on dust and bird crap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
richard cranium said:
it's a cool space! i'd like to check it out next time i'm in york for either the street rod nats or larry's show.

ed
Hell yeah, anybody's welcome that wants. Hopefully by then I'll have a Studebaker pick up sitting in there too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nappy said:
Wow. The Keith Batcave.
Do elves come out at night and finish your projects?

Awesome work space.
Finished projects? I thought you knew me better than that. :)

Batman was always my favorite superhero, and I think a few bats do live in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
greggski said:
ol_scratch said:
...and what the hell. Here's my daily driver.[/QUOTEScratch, How do you like your Thunderbird? I've been looking for a good used thunderbird sport for sometime. Those are one of the few modern bike that i like. You got a cool work space wish mine was that big. Gregg
Mine was a 96, the first year they exported them to here. As such they had it tuned way too lean, to pass emissions. So I reworked the carbs, nixed the airbox and made the exhaust. Lowered it. After clearing up the growing pains, I love it. The thing I love about the T3 is if I want I can make it a 595 spec runner. I would highly suggest a T-bird Sport, they are fun runners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
ol_scratch said:
greggski said:
Mine was a 96, the first year they exported them to here. As such they had it tuned way too lean, to pass emissions. So I reworked the carbs, nixed the airbox and made the exhaust. Lowered it. After clearing up the growing pains, I love it. The thing I love about the T3 is if I want I can make it a 595 spec runner. I would highly suggest a T-bird Sport, they are fun runners.
Were the thunderbirds cammed different than the daytonas? I thought they were built with more low and mid range than high end. Ive ridden a 2000 Speed Triple that would go like stink. I really like the new bikes from triumph. Looks like you have good selection of older brit projects.Gregg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
greggski said:
ol_scratch said:
Were the thunderbirds cammed different than the daytonas? I thought they were built with more low and mid range than high end. Ive ridden a 2000 Speed Triple that would go like stink. I really like the new bikes from triumph. Looks like you have good selection of older brit projects.Gregg
Yeah the thunderbirds are cammed different, different gear ratio, and later Daytonas are FI. Thunderbirds have more low and mid, I drilled out my upper circuit in my carb to give some higher end performance. I've had it to 110 with room to spare. T-birds were more to satisfy a general purpose market. The T-bird sport will have more sport bike ability than mine though, because it has a slightly sportier internal profile and 6 gears. The Speed Triple can be tuned to rock your balls off. They were always undersold in the magazines because they were sold in modest profile with basic works to beef into beast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Broman said:
I can't even fit into my garage to take a pic of my bike....I can't believe that pick of the bikes stacked up on those racks....man, lucky bastard.
my home garage takes me a half hour to get a bike out between all the yard tools and other crap that gets stacked inside the door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Slag Kustom said:
my home garage takes me a half hour to get a bike out between all the yard tools and other crap that gets stacked inside the door.
Yes, but the stacking system does rock. Sometime I'm out NJ way I'd like to check out your place.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top