Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
FNG here but I have been around the block a few illegal times.I am wondering how to bolt the sissy bar fender support to the frame where the rear wheel is?69 triumph Bonne w bolt on hard tail and I mean there is no room to get a 1/4 inch bolt thru the frame plate and hub.Maybe I am making this to complicated.
Any suggestions
Bart (crosley8) yes I own one

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Welcome,

A pic might help with your question.
Shoe

Crosley8 said:
Hey guys,
FNG here but I have been around the block a few illegal times.I am wondering how to bolt the sissy bar fender support to the frame where the rear wheel is?69 triumph Bonne w bolt on hard tail and I mean there is no room to get a 1/4 inch bolt thru the frame plate and hub.Maybe I am making this to complicated.
Any suggestions

·
Registered
436 Posts
Crosley8 said:
Hey guys,
Any suggestions
Weld a stud on each sidenear the axle housing, pointing out. Without a pic, that's the best I got.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Slick said:
Ya it is tight, I put mine on the outside and there was just enough room for a nut to fit on the inside, just had to have the bolt the exact length. On the chain side there is about 1/16" clearance.
Slick,
Did you weld some washers to the ends of the bar to bolt to the frame? I printed your pics out the other day. That bike is,well SLICK.
Thanks
Bart(crosley8) yes I own one

·
Registered
884 Posts
what about a clevis type situation? where one side is tapped and when a bolt is inserted it sandwitches the frame. just an idear.
Crosley8 said:
Hey guys,
Any suggestions

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just fabbed some small tabs from 3/4"x1/8" flatbar, drilled the holes and welded them flush with the inside of the fender stay.

Crosley8 said:
Slick,
Did you weld some washers to the ends of the bar to bolt to the frame? I printed your pics out the other day. That bike is,well SLICK.
Thanks
Bart(crosley8) yes I own one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.