Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trucked my bike up to Orange County to my friend Justin's house on saturday and got in some fun ride time all around the O.C. and the Orange Circle . It's a neat old historic district on O.C. and has some really good restraunts and great vintage shops . So that was friday night and we just hungout and relaxed , but then comes saturday and the party gets going . . . here are my bike & Justin's as well as our friend Dave's . We are getting ready to head out & meet Kutty & Rob and Rico at a gas station off the freeway to ride into Long Beach . It was only about a 30 minute ride , but we lost Justin & Dave because Justin's motor isn't broken in yet and he doesn't go for the 100 miles an hour brake in method :) Also I had Amy on the back and I had to kind of take it easy , so we stayed at about 80 ish the whole way . The rest are just what they look like , a ton of really cool bikes , and alot of good times with some dear old friends that I don't get to see often enough . I came home late last night , but REALLY wanted to stay longer . . . next year I'm down for the whole weekend .

Attachments

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sad news regarding the belt . . . I don't know if it was because it sat around for too long off the bike , but most of it came off once it was put back on and run for a while . I can take a picture of it close up so you can see how it reacted . . . maybe that would give you an idea of why it happend ? It's not a big deal really though . Are you still coming out to San Diego in August ? Maybe we can try to fix it somehow if you are going to be around :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
=mike= said:
Sad news regarding the belt . . . I don't know if it was because it sat around for too long off the bike , but most of it came off once it was put back on and run for a while . I can take a picture of it close up so you can see how it reacted . . . maybe that would give you an idea of why it happend ? It's not a big deal really though . Are you still coming out to San Diego in August ? Maybe we can try to fix it somehow if you are going to be around :)
aww crap! You shoulda called/emailed...we needta get that fixed. It's the first one to do that out of about a dozen that I've done.
:confused: How much are they? I'm not sure when I'm getting out there, but I wanna get you fixed up...lemme know what you need. :(

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thats such a rad picture. I can almost hear, smell, and feel it. You guys definatly have a cool thing going there

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BARNETT said:
aww crap! You shoulda called/emailed...lemme know what you need. :(
Don't even sweat it man . I didn't bug you about it because honestly I think the belt had just sat around for so fucking long , off a bike , that it just didn't want to cooperate . Then once we put it on nd run it for a bit it I guess it just shook that paint right off . I'm not worried about it , we will figure something out :) It's all good in the hood !

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Flyin' Dutchman said:
FUCK..! HELL..!! YEAH!! Awesome line up of bikes there!!

Got e-mail from Poon today he said it was a great time..
shit when was he there ?!?! I was there from about 3 to maybe 730 ish . . . I guess I'll need to mail him the cash for the shirt . oh well
:eek:

·
Registered
114 Posts
well if I was your buddies I woulda been pissed at ya mike. you locked wheels with kutty & rob & never looked back. actual speed 65-70mph you left your friends in the dust. it was amazing to see for me cuz we stick together whatever goes on. thats why the sinners ride together, to have fun, laugh & smile the whole trip. to make 3 stops along the way meeting up with buddies at each stop is for the sole purpous of togetherness. not to be a downer just a lesson in bike fun. stick with your budies on the road. thats why sinners always have a big smile, togetherness.

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rico , luckily they are my buddies so they weren't pissed . I don't feel like I need any lessons in road etiquite that's for sure , but I appreciate your concern .

The fact is , he had to ride at a certain speed ( 60 ish ) . Since his speedo doesn't work he was going to try to pace with us / traffic . We worked it out before we left that if we got split up because of traffic or he just started to lag behind , I would go on ahead with the people who knew where it was , find the party , and call them in . . . which is exactly how it went down .

It was good to see you , and it will be good to see you again next time , because I don't take what you say as a downer , you just didn't know how it went down . Yeah we got split up , but we are like boyscouts man ,we go waaaaaaay back and WE HAVE A PLAN FOR EVERY SITUAION !

If we would have been going more than the short distance we went , I would have pulled the whole party over to make sure everyone was in it together . Unfortunatly most of the time that happens it is more dangerous than it's worth . Especially when in 10 minutes I will be in a position that I can get him on the phone and bring him in safely with proper directions .

Seriously Rico , I was looking behind me the whole time thinking I was seeing them behind you or or Kutty's truck , or starting to come around finally to catch up . C'mon man , I'm a dick but I'm not an asshole .

Harpoon I'm sorry I missed you , I will just send you the money mid-week for the shirt .

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
P.S. I almost forgot Harpoon , these are for you . can you belive this monster ?!?!? it was across the street from my friend Justin's house . If you are interested , I guess every year he has to trim it WAY back and has dozens of clippings. He is going to tell justin and Justin is going to tell me , and if you want to know , I can tell you . It is actually two plants one is yellow / white flowers , and one is pink , but it isnt bloomed yet .

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
I was feeling a bit lonely out there on the freeway but Dave hung tight, and I knew the basic area we were going to.....so.....Pulling over at the traffic circle dialed Mike up and life was good, no harm no foul. I had a great time saw people I haven't seen in 10 plus years and met some new people. We rode tight on the way back home :). I wouldn't hang it on Mike as Rob knew I needed to go slow too. Your all screwed when my 102 C.I is broken in...hahahaha! Lifes too short to sweat the little stuff :) By the way Rico even though we didn't get a chance to talk. It was good seeing you too. I met you about 15 years ago thru Jimmy and Dana (my Ex)
fatherfury said:
well if I was your buddies I woulda been pissed at ya mike. you locked wheels with kutty & rob & never looked back. actual speed 65-70mph you left your friends in the dust. it was amazing to see for me cuz we stick together whatever goes on. thats why the sinners ride together, to have fun, laugh & smile the whole trip. to make 3 stops along the way meeting up with buddies at each stop is for the sole purpous of togetherness. not to be a downer just a lesson in bike fun. stick with your budies on the road. thats why sinners always have a big smile, togetherness.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hey...lets just end this subject and call it all good. I'm just glad I didn't have to be behind Robs smoking smelly bean eating ass. :). Hey by the way...Rob, how did you tire ride on the way home? Fender ok?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts