Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
From the style of the floorboards, and being a single I was thinking that may be a servi-cycle "1/4 ton truck", but the gas tank doesn't look quite right... or maybe I'm drunk and tired....

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I beam springer, vl style tanks, long vl style foot boards must be pre 36 & before my knowledge era

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Just because there's a Factory photo of it, doesn't mean they ever built the bike as a production model.

It could have been an assembled prototype, and the factory shot it and distributed the photo to dealers or potential customers, to gauge the market for this type of configuration. Books are loaded with rolling Factory prototype photos just like this, and the vehicles never went past this phase in development. One that comes to mind, was the VL with the fold down outriggers on the back with 12" wheels that the Factory called the Cycle Tow, that essentially turned the VL into a trike, for exactly the same type of vehicle service use (ride out and pick the customer's car up for servicing, then tow the bike back behind the car) as the above trike. Both photos look to be done at the same time period, during the development of the Servi-Car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.