Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a decent looking single cable throttle housing that still has the thumb screw style cruise/lockout?? Tried a search but only came up with dual cable throttles.

·
Registered
309 Posts
They are out there, Here in Aus they are avaliable easily though generic MC parts suppliers.

The other option ( which I run) is to have a light throttle spring at the carb, and put a few O rings between the handgrip and the throttle housing on the bars, creates friction between the two surfaces and you have a throttle lock. You can see this on youtube from lots of people if you dont get it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I use a double cable throttle but I just install a single cable. It's got the thumb screw to lock the throttle. I chose this one because it uses decent size bolts to clamp it to the handle bars. Seems like way too many used undersized bolts that strip real easy when you torque them down tight enough to keep the throttle grip from sliding off the bars.

-Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.