1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have a 1981 Sifton Catolog that shows the 412 Cam with a C U in the second lobe?
who knows, It is a Damn Shame that Tom Sifton Products need to be questioned, I am looking forward to my +HH Ironhead Cams recently installed..
fatass- call on BW but Jesse is a seasoned Hot Rod builder, I tend to go with his answer.. Good Luck

G

·

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heeey, no offense intended and I definitely appreciate the input. I was just hoping to get a few of the same answers so I could feel that inner shiny glow.

Monte, apparently Black Widow Cams owns all of the Sifton designs, now. They'd probably be able to help.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Heeey, no offense intended and I definitely appreciate the input. I was just hoping to get a few of the same answers so I could feel that inner shiny glow.

Monte, apparently Black Widow Cams owns all of the Sifton designs, now. They'd probably be able to help.
I'm sure that they will, I was refering also to the Fact That Tom Sifton was known for top quality as well as one of his Ace Machinist Design Engineers Dick Hilferty of Red Shift fame, now a days no one seem to know exactly what is what with the Cams that only Hold His Name..
I hope you have the Sifton Part...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Definitely give the guys at Black Widow a call,they'll be able to tell you what you have. I've got an old Sifton cam with a 106 on the end and on one lobe a J and M on another.I searched high and low and could not find it on any old cam lists.I contacted Black Widow and they told me that the 106 was a master number,not a grind number.They told me everything I needed to know about it,lift,duration,opening and closing on intake and exhaust,and centerline.Good folks for sure.Good luck.

Glenn

G

·
Definitely give the guys at Black Widow a call,they'll be able to tell you what you have. I've got an old Sifton cam with a 106 on the end and on one lobe a J and M on another.I searched high and low and could not find it on any old cam lists.I contacted Black Widow and they told me that the 106 was a master number,not a grind number.They told me everything I needed to know about it,lift,duration,opening and closing on intake and exhaust,and centerline.Good folks for sure.Good luck.

Glenn
I remember now....That is where the specks for that grind came from when we was doing your 98" motor...

Think I'm to young to be having Brain Farts just yet...:eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.