Jockey Journal Forum banner
1021 - 1029 of 1029 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
No sneering or sneezing expressed or implied. A pal used to whup the uncomplaining shit out of his 350 Sprint, nearly sort of keeping up with my Triumph-riding clown cluster. Pretty impressive things, Sprints.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Overall this bike isn't a standout of its kind, not that I can see. Furthermore it's Pinterest flotsam, so maybe everybody who cares has seen it before. It just looks really good to me, maybe because so achievable -- it's only a few clicks nicer than the ones I've thrown together and enjoyed the hell out of. So but anyway:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Is that a BSA front end? BSA half-width brake I'm almost sure, but the sliders are unfamiliar.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Don't think I ever saw one of these before. The Rickmans started the whole Metisse business by putting fierce Triumph engines in stout, good-handling BSA frames; but that was in pre-unit times, when the BSA A7 and A10 engines were milder (less HP) than Triumphs. Still and nevertheless: a BSA-powered Metisse is mighty rare.

Photos swiped from vft.org/for sale a little while back.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Photograph

·
Registered
346 Posts
Closest thing I've got to a desert sled. 1970 Triumph TR25W. Registered, licensed, and insured, LOL. Ridden on the street regularly. The engine was my Bonneville racing power plant, still holds the AMA record in its class. When I quit racing I couldn't bear to let it go, (WAY TOO MUCH money on trick high dollar parts inside that engine. You don't want to know.) so I put it back on the street. It makes me smile to ride it.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Nothing says "raw power" and "narrow-focus track day tool" like a gray fiberglass heat shield.

Also, Mr. Bang, yes, matter of fact I want very much to know all you're willing to say about the engine's innards. Please. And about your LSR bike, if you have the patience. What class/es? What speeds? Thank you.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nothing says "raw power" and "narrow-focus track day tool" like a gray fiberglass heat shield.

Also, Mr. Bang, yes, matter of fact I want very much to know all you're willing to say about the engine's innards. Please. And about your LSR bike, if you have the patience. What class/es? What speeds? Thank you.
Good eye. That heat shield might well be the most valuable part on the entire bike, from a collectors or restorers (if any such exists for these things) POV. It's in surprisingly good condition, and I've never seen another one that wasn't mostly wasted. I'll see if I can track down some pics and post up something about the Bonneville racing stuff if you're really interested. I should make that a new thread though, since stretched out Bonneville LSR bikes are almost completely the opposite to desert sleds, even if they both run across deserts. :p

1021 - 1029 of 1029 Posts